Scholarships of the Government of the Slovak Republic
Course(s) Offered: Any field
Course Level: Undergraduate (bachelor), Postgraduate (masters, PhD)
Provider: Slovak Republic Government
Country to Study in: Slovakia
The Scholarships of the Government of the Slovak Republic (SR) is a government scholarship award offered to students from selected developing countries who wish to pursue full-time higher education studies in any of their chosen field of study at public universities in the SR.
The provision of development aid of the SR in the area of education takes the form of the award of scholarships of the Government of the SR that are consistent with the conditions approved by the Government Resolution of 25 May 2010 for developing countries and for Slovaks living abroad.
Persons applying for a scholarship of the Slovak Government for bachelor, master and doctoral degree study programmes of university studies in the framework of the offer must meet the following conditions:
[A]. Scholarship for Study in 1st and 2nd Degree Higher Education Study Programmes (Hereafter Refereed to as Bachelor, Master and Postgraduate Study) in the SR: Persons applying for an SR Government scholarship for bachelor, master or postgraduate higher education study programmes in the framework of the SR Government’s offer must meet the following conditions:
- have attained complete secondary education completed by a school-leaving exam. The document on education acquired abroad must be assessed by the Centre for Recognition of Diplomas (Stredisko na uznávanie dokladov o vzdelaní) of the SR Ministry of Education, Science, Research & Sport at Stromová 1, 813 30 Bratislava;
- meet the conditions for acceptance for higher education study pursuant to Act no. 131/2002 Coll. on universities and on the amendment of certain acts, as amended,
- submit a completed application form for an SR Government scholarship with the relevant attachments;
- candidates of 18 to 26 years of age may apply for an SR Government scholarship.
- Have completed higher education in a second degree study programme (having acquired the academic title “MSc.” at a foreign university or “Mgr.”, “Ing.”, “MUDr.” or “MVDr.” at a university in the SR). The document on education acquired abroad must be assessed by the Centre for Recognition of Diplomas (Stredisko na uznávanie dokladov o vzdelaní) of the SR Ministry of Education, Science, Research & Sport at Stromová 1, 813 30 Bratislava. Its opinion must be attached to the application for an SR Government scholarship submitted by the applicant for assessment to the selection committee of the SR Ministry of Education, Science, Research & Sport;
- Meet the conditions for admission to the third degree higher education study programme pursuant to Act no. 131/2002 Coll. on universities and on the amendment of certain acts, as amended;
- Submit a completed application for an SR Government scholarship, stating the study field of the doctoral study according to the applicable list of doctoral study programmes conducted in the SR, with a letter of preliminary acceptance from the expected teaching workplace in the SR, as well as with the relevant annexes;
- Candidates of 23 to 35 years of age may apply for an SR Government scholarship.
The award of the scholarship of the Government of the SR for a standard duration of study is conditional upon proficiency in the Slovak language at a required level and the admission to the study in selected course of study by a public university in the SR.
To tackle the requirement, the Government of the SR provides a
Any arbitrary shortening of the period of study in the preparatory year is unacceptable. The scholarship holder is obliged to keep to the date of starting the study, as determined by school.
International Students from selected developing countries, including:
Afghanistan, Kenya, Moldova, Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Ukraine, Mongolia, Palestinian National Authority and Vietnam.
All accredited public Universities in Slovakia
Field(s) of study
The Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral level courses approved for this award have not been specified by the sponsor.
Do note that in the past, fields of study approved for international students from developing countries have included Economy and management; Physical sciences; Ecological and environmental sciences; Architecture and civil engineering; Construction engineering, technologies, production and communications; Agriculture; Forestry; Veterinary sciences; Water management; Medical sciences; Dental medicine; Pharmaceutical sciences; AND Non-medical health sciences.
Number of awards
Up to 48 scholarships are to be awarded
The standard study period set by the statute of the university
The scholarships include:
- a monthly grant of a stated amount, accommodation in a student hall of residence and meals in student canteens for a fee, just like students with the citizenship of the SR
- education at the chosen public university, under the same conditions as provided for citizens of the SR during the study period set by the statute of the university
- SR Government scholarship for
one-year10-month language training and vocational preparation if the applicant has not completed his/her secondary education in the SR or at a secondary school with Slovak language lessons abroad.
All applications are made online at the official website (link to it is below). You should submit a completed application form for the provision of a scholarship of the Slovak Government with the respective appendices (the form is also available at the Slovak Embassies).
It is necessary to visit the official website (link to it is below) to download the Application form for scholarship of the government of SR (and submit it together with the requested annexes), and for complete information on how to apply.
The deadline for submission of online application form (available via the official website - link below - the webpage will be active from 24 March, 2014) for the scholarships of the SR Government for the academic year 2014/2015 is 29 May, 2014.
Applicants for scholarships of the Government of the SR are informed of the basic eligibility conditions that include:
- selected study program within an approved list of supported courses of study specifically for developing countries, and for Slovaks living abroad (see below); and
- Study outcomes achieved during the secondary education or prior study.
To locate a diplomatic channel, follow this link.
Application Deadline: 29 May 2014
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application(Official ministry site)
More Scholarship Information and Application(Official ministry Study in Slovakia site)
Related: Slovak Republic Scholarships for Students, Teachers and Researchers Worldwide