Course(s) Offered: Business & related fields
Course Level: Postgraduate (masters)
Provider: Goldman Sachs
Country to Study in: France, Singapore, U.A.E
The Goldman Sachs Scholarships for African Nationals at INSEAD is designed to give candidates from African countries access to world-class MBA education.
The scholarship winners will be allocated a Goldman Sachs mentor throughout the 10-month MBA programme.
The scholarship is open to all candidates from African countries studying at INSEAD on the Full-time MBA Programme.
Successful candidates must demonstrate their desire to work in Africa and explain why building business in Africa is important to them.
The Goldman Sachs, the scholarship provider, is constantly looking for exceptional individuals with diverse backgrounds, work experiences and personal interests who have the talent, drive and dedication to enhance their team.
Citizens of ANY African country are eligible to apply for this scholarship
INSEAD Business School. Campuses are located in Europe (France), Asia (Singapore) and Middle East (Abu Dhabi i.e. capital of United Arab Emirates).
Fields of Study
MBA masters level course programmes
The scholarship will last for a 10-month MBA programme.
Up to €15,000 per class will be awarded. The scholarship winners will be allocated a Goldman Sachs’ mentor throughout the MBA programme.
Method of Application
To apply for this MBA scholarship, you must complete the Application Form (link to it is below). All scholarship applications are online except where mentioned otherwise in the scholarship description.
To submit an application, first read the Scholarship Guide and get yourself registered.
- In 350-400 words, please demonstrate the business case for ethical standards from your perspective by giving examples of instances in your professional or personal life where you have seen the benefits of integrity and honesty in action.
- What do you want to get out of INSEAD MBA programme and what do you intend to do after you graduate? (200 words)
- In 150-200 words provide a concise but accurate description of your financial circumstances as well as a cash flow forecast for the year at INSEAD (details of income set against expenditures).
Generally, deadlines are in February for the July Class (which starts in September), and in August for the December Class (which starts in January).
For the July 2015 Class, approved deadlines are as follows:
- Round 1: Applications Open 20 December 2013 AND close on 8 January 2014
- Round 2: Applications Open 14 January 2014 AND close 31 January 2014
- Round 3: Applications Open 14 April 2014 AND close 28 April 2014
- Round 1: Applications Open 25 April 2014 AND close 12 May 2014
- Round 2: Applications Open 27 June 2014 AND close 16 July 2014
- Round 3: Applications Open 5 September 2014 AND close 22 September 2014
Applications must be complete and submitted by midnight Central European Time (GMT +1) on the day of deadline.
We regret we cannot accept any scholarship applications after the deadlines as the site will be closed. All scholarship applications will be reviewed after the deadline. There is no need to apply too early; just remain within the indicated time frame.
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-worth individuals.
INSEAD is a global graduate business school with campuses in Europe (Fontainebleau, France), Asia (Singapore) and the Middle East (Abu Dhabi). INSEAD, widely considered to be one of the world's best business schools, offers various academic programmes including a full-time Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme, a Master of Finance programme, a PhD in management programme, and several executive education programmes (including an executive MBA).
INSEAD MBA students and PhD candidates have the chance to study in three continents through a multi-campus structure and alliances with other institutions.
INSEAD also has reciprocal agreements with Harvard Business School, Stanford Graduate School of Business and Kellogg School of Management to share career services. Alumni of the four schools have exclusive access to job opportunities databases of each other.
You may want to read through the INSEAD Africa Initiative.
Application Deadline: 12 May / 16 July / 22 September 2014
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Malaysia Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan for Developing Countries