Course(s) Offered: Concrete-related (Engineering, Architecture, etc)
Course Level: Undergraduate, Graduate
Provider: ACI Foundation
Country to Study in: USA, Canada
The ACI Foundation offers scholarships every year for eligible undergraduate and graduate students whose studies relate to concrete. Unlike ACI Foundation Fellowships, those applying for ACI scholarships do not need to be nominated by ACI-Member Faculty. Applications will be accepted from anywhere in the world but study must take place in the United States or Canada during the award year.
Both the ACI Foundation Scholarships and the ACI Foundation Fellowships are offered by the American Concrete Institute (ACI) Foundation for ACI Student Members and E-Members. Its basic mission has been and still is to “Provide knowledge and information for the best use of concrete.”
In an effort to provide students worldwide with the connections, resources, and opportunities to be successful in their studies and - ultimately - in their careers, ACI has made membership free and easily accessible... electronically (Student E-Membership).
- At the time of applying for and receiving the scholarship, the applicant shall be enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program from an institution of higher education that is accredited by the responsible regional or national agency.
- The undergraduate study program shall be in the area of concrete with an emphasis on structural design, materials, construction, or any combination thereof.
- Applicants must be full-time undergraduates at the time of applying for and receiving the scholarship. Course work during a summer session will count toward the degree year. Applications will be accepted from anywhere in the world but the undergraduate program must be ABET-accredited or a mutually recognized program by ABET.
- At the time of receiving an ACI Foundation Scholarship (not necessarily at the time of application), the applicant shall possess a bachelor's degree from an institution of higher education which is accredited by the responsible regional or national agency.
- At the time of acceptance of an ACI Foundation Scholarship (not necessarily at the time of application), the applicant shall have been accepted for graduate study at an accredited college or university in an engineering, architecture, or materials science program. The graduate study program shall be in the area of concrete with an emphasis on structural design, materials, construction, or any combination thereof. Applicants for the Kumar Mehta Scholarship must be pursuing graduate research in sustainable concrete.
- Applicants must be full-time first- or second-year (after bachelor’s degree) graduate students during the entire scholarship year. Course work during a summer session will count toward the degree year. Applications will be accepted from anywhere in the world but the graduate program must be ABET-accredited or a mutually recognized program by ABET.
Citizens of ANY country from ANY part of the world
All accredited institutions of higher learning in the United States of America and/or Canada
Fields of study
All studies and courses relating to concrete and/or concrete technology, and the pursuit of a career in concrete. The list of approved programs are as listed on the official website via link provided below.
Number of awards
Traditionally, one undergraduate and six postgraduate awards are offered every year
These awards are onetime financial supports for a ONE YEAR period
Undergraduate scholarships consists of a cash stipend of $3000 (U.S.) for a 1 year period. The stipend will be sent to the financial aid office of the institution designated by the applicant where the study program will be pursued. These funds will then be deposited into the recipient’s university account.
For the postgraduate award, five Scholarships will be in the amount of $3,000 and one in the amount of $5,000 will be available. Please see official site for more details.
Method of Application
The application, essay, and resume should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org together in one e-mail package. Hard copies of applications, essays, and resumes will not be accepted. Only Microsoft Word documents will be accepted.
The application package (see official website for details) should be e-mailed to email@example.com. Applications, resumes and essays should be sent together in one e-mail package. Hard copies of applications, resumes, and essays will not be accepted. Please be sure that your name is on every piece of material submitted. ACI staff does not contact applicants upon receipt of their application materials or contact applicants if materials are missing from submittals.
BOTH UNDERGRADUATE & POSTGRADUATE:
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply and also to download essential forms.
Applications will be accepted for ACI Foundation Fellowships and Scholarships for the 2017-2018 academic year from May 10, 2015, through October 16, 2016. The deadline for all application materials is 11:59 p.m. EST on October 16, 2016.
ACI staff do not contact applicants upon receipt of their application materials or contact applicants if materials are missing from submittals.
All applicants can be withdrawn for failure to comply with any of these items listed above and on the official website.
Application Deadline: 16 October 2016
Open to International Students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application(Scholarship Council)
More Scholarship Information and Application(ACI Foundation)
Related: Top USA Scholarships for Africa and Other Developing Countries