Course(s) Offered: Concrete-related fields e.g. Engineering, etc
Course Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate
Provider: ACI Foundation
Country to Study in: USA, Canada
Founded in 1904, the American Concrete Institute (ACI) is a nonprofit technical and educational society, and one of the world's leading authorities on concrete technology. Its basic mission has been and still is to “Provide knowledge and information for the best use of concrete.”
In an effort to provide students worldwide with the connections, resources, and opportunities to be successful in their studies and - ultimately - in their careers, the American Concrete Institute has made membership free and easily accessible... electronically (Student E-Membership).
The ACI Foundation offers several Fellowship and Scholarship opportunities for ACI Student Members and E-Members. ACI Foundation Fellowships and Scholarships are awarded annually to help students with an interest in concrete achieve their educational and career goals. (See the ACI Foundation Scholarships).
The following criteria apply to all fellowship applicants. The complete application requirements and directions can be found on the application itself.
- All ACI Foundation Fellowship applicants must be nominated by a faculty member who is also an ACI member before the student is able to receive an official application. Faculty members: Nomination by a faculty member is required before a student can apply for an ACI foundation Fellowship. Faculty nominators must themselves be a member of ACI. Once nominated, the ACI Foundation will send application materials directly to the student, usually within 48 hours of ACI's receipt of the nomination.
Faculty members should recognize that the nomination process involves more than just submitting a student's contact information to ACI. Rather, it is expected that faculty nominators serve as mentors to their students throughout the application process. In particular, faculty members are encouraged to work with their student to identify potential references, ensure that references understand the significance of their contribution, and review the application package prior to submission. As part of the online nomination process, faculty members will be asked to confirm their willingness to serve as a mentor to the student applicant.
NOMINATE A STUDENT
- The student must be considered a full-time undergraduate or graduate student as defined by the college or university during the award year. Applications will be accepted from anywhere in the world but study must take place in the United States or Canada during the award year.
- All applicants must be proficient in the English language. If English is not your native language, a written statement must be attached to the application attesting to this proficiency.
Citizens of any country in any part of the world
All accredited institutions of higher learning in the United States of America and/or Canada
Fields of study
All studies in the field of concrete, and pursuit of a career in concrete.
Fellowships are offered to high-potential graduate and undergraduate students in engineering, construction, and other appropriate curricula as identified by college/university faculty who are members of ACI.
Number of study
The number of awards id NOT specified. Several many awards will be given to students spread across the world
Awards are provided throughout the whole duration of the program
In addition to a sizeable stipend for tuition, books, and other materials, students are provided travel expenses to attend two ACI conventions, industry mentors, and internship opportunities.
Method of Application
The ACI Foundation Fellowship application process can be described by the following sequence of events:
Applicants must be nominated by a faculty member who is also an ACI member before the student is able to receive an official application.
- Faculty member/ACI member nominates student for program
- Scholarship Coordinator emails nominated student the fellowship application
- Nominee submits all application materials to the ACI Foundation by deadline
- Application materials are sent to and reviewed by the ACI Foundation's Scholarship Council
- ACI Foundation's Scholarship Council selects finalists
- ACI Foundation's Scholarship Council interviews finalists at convention
- ACI Foundation Board awards Student Fellowships
The application package should be emailed to email@example.com. The application, resume and essay should be sent together in one e-mail package. Hard copies of applications, resumes, and essays will not be accepted. Please be sure that your name is on every piece of material submitted. ACI staff does not contact applicants upon receipt of their application materials or contact applicants if materials are missing from submittals.
If you meet the requirements of the ACI Foundation Scholarships, you are encouraged to also apply for them. A separate application must be filled out and submitted. Only one set of transcripts and reference forms are necessary for all ACI Foundation Fellowships and Scholarships.
Applications will be accepted for ACI Foundation Fellowships and Scholarships for the 2014-2015 academic year from May 10, 2013, through October 15, 2013. The deadline for all application materials is 11:59 p.m. EST on October 15, 2013.
For more information on becoming a member of ACI, please visit the Membership area of ACI's website.
Faculty members who would like more information regarding the ACI Foundation Fellowship program are invited to visit the Educator Resources area of ACI's website.
All ACI Foundation Fellowships can be withdrawn for failure to comply with any of the items above. Fellowship awardees are required to submit a written report near the end of their fellowship period describing the value of the Fellowship to their development and to their preparation for their chosen career after graduation.
Questions concerning this program can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: October 15, 2013 (11:59 p.m. EST)
Open to International Students: Yes (anywhere in the world)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: ACI Foundation Scholarships for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students
Was above article useful? Please share: