7UP Harvard Business School Scholarship
Course(s) Offered: Business & related fields
Course Level: Postgraduate (masters - MBA)
Provider: 7UP Bottling Company Plc
Country to Study in: USA
The 7UP Harvard Business School Scholarship was created in 2010 by Seven Up Bottling Company Plc of Nigeria to commemorate its 50th anniversary and aligns with the Company's overall vision of creating a greener future for promising Nigerians.
Misan Rewane was the first recepient (2011) of the first-ever 7Up Harvard Business School Scholarship at the prestigious business school. Olujimi Williams is the second recipient (2012) and Mayowa Kuyoro has just been presented the third award.
The 7UP Harvard Business School Scholarship currently invites applications from Nigerian business students admitted to its MBA class. The scholarship will be awarded to a Nigerian citizen.
The Scholarship is open to Nigerians who have successfully gained admission into the 2 year MBA programme at the Harvard Business School for September classes.
To be considered for the 7Up Harvard MBA Scholarship:
- you must be a Nigerian citizen
- you must be resident in Nigeria
- you must have gained admission into the Harvard Business School MBA Program
Student citizens of Nigerian origin
Harvard Business School, University of Harvard; United States of America (USA)
Whole duration of the MBA program
The current total value of this scholarship is $100,000. It covers tuition, board and travel expenses for both years of the MBA program.
Method of Application
First, apply for admission into the Full Time Harvard MBA Programme (September Entry) – Visit the Harvard MBA Programme website for complete admission criteria. Receive admission letter from Harvard Business School for Full Time Harvard MBA Programme (September Entry).
Next, send an email with a copy of your admission letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, for further and specific requirements of this scholarship. You will be contacted with the next steps.
The application deadlines for the MBA Class of 2015 are as follows:
|Application Deadline||Notification of the MBA Admissions Board’s decision|
|Round 1||Monday, September 16, 2013||Wednesday, December 11, 2013|
|Round 2||Monday, January 6, 2014||Wednesday, March 26, 2014|
|Round 3||Monday, April 7, 2014||Wednesday, May 14, 2014|
When to Apply:
To avoid overwhelming server traffic generated by the high volume of applications we receive, candidates are encouraged to submit their application as early as possible prior to the deadline of each round.
Applicants are encouraged to apply in the first or second round, as space in the class may be limited by the third round.
In addition, applying in the earlier rounds will give candidates more time to address the following:
- International candidates needing visas will find that applying in Round 3 makes the timing of their visa application stressful.
- International candidates admitted in Rounds 1 and 2 find that it’s helpful to have the additional time to work on English proficiency.
- Some candidates may be required to complete preliminary course work prior to their enrollment.
- Many deadlines for outside (non-Harvard Business School) fellowships are in early spring. Only students who have been accepted are eligible for these fellowships.
- Financial aid is available regardless of when students are admitted. However, since admitted students may apply for financial aid only after they are admitted Round 3 admits have less time to prepare their application.
- Harvard Business School residence halls and Harvard University-affiliated apartments are assigned by lottery. Deadlines for both of these housing options precede Round 3 notification, and you must be admitted to HBS before you can enter these lotteries.
For further information and specific requirements of this scholarship, please send an email with a copy of your admission letter to email@example.com. The company will then contact you with the next steps.
Application Deadline: 16 Sept 2013 / 6 January / 7 April 2014
Open to International students: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application