Course(s) Offered: Business Admin
Course Level: Graduate (masters - MBA)
Provider: 7UP Bottling Company Plc
Country to Study in: USA
The 7UP Harvard Business School Scholarship was created in 2010 by Seven Up Bottling Company Plc of Nigeria to commemorate its 50th anniversary and aligns with the Company's overall vision of creating a greener future for promising Nigerians.
Misan Rewane was the first recepient (2011) of the first-ever 7Up Harvard Business School Scholarship at the prestigious business school. Olujimi Williams is the second recipient (2012) and Mayowa Kuyoro received the third award (2013).
The 7UP Harvard Business School Scholarship currently invites applications from Nigerian business students admitted to its MBA class of 2019. The scholarship will be awarded to a Nigerian citizen.
The Scholarship is open to Nigerians who have successfully gained admission into the 2 year MBA programme at the Harvard Business School for September classes.
To be considered for the 7Up Harvard MBA Scholarship:
- you must be a Nigerian citizen
- you must be resident in Nigeria
- you must have gained admission into the Harvard Business School MBA Program
Student citizens of Nigerian origin
Harvard Business School (HBS), University of Harvard; United States of America (USA)
Number of awards
One is awarded every academic year
Whole duration of the MBA program - 2 years
The scholarship covers tuition, housing/board, and travel expenses for both years of the MBA program (a ticket to the United States to begin the MBA program and a ticket back from the United States at the end of the MBA program).
The current total value of this scholarship is $100,000.
Method of Application
First, apply for admission into the Full Time Harvard MBA Programme – visit the Harvard MBA Programme website of HBS for admission criteria. Once you gain admission from HBS, submit a copy of your electronic admission letter to 7Up. All eligible applicants will be invited for multiple rounds of interviews with SevenUp Bottling Company Executives to determine their fit with SBC’s vision for the scholarship.
It is important to note that the Harvard Business School MBA application process is separate. Seven-Up only assesses candidates after they have successfully navigated the entire HBS MBA application process on their own.
The application deadlines for the MBA Class of 2019 are as follows:
|Application Submitted Online|
(by 12 Noon Boston Time)
|Notification of the MBA |
Admissions Board’s decision
|Round 1||September 7, 2016||December 14, 2016|
|Round 2||January 4, 2017||March 22, 2017|
|Round 3||April 3, 2017||May 10, 2017|
Please note that each "round" represents a distinct period in which you may apply, not a succession of steps for your application. You may apply in one round only, one time in an application year.
Given past experience, we anticipate that many candidates will submit their online application materials very close to 12 noon on submission deadline dates. To avoid heavy server traffic and potential delays, we encourage candidates to submit application materials as early as possible.
Applicants are encouraged to apply in the first or second round, as space in the class may be limited by the third round. In addition, applying in the earlier rounds will give candidates more time to address the following:
- International candidates needing visas will find that applying in Round 3 makes the timing of their visa application stressful.
- International candidates admitted in Rounds 1 and 2 find that it’s helpful to have the additional time to work on English proficiency.
- Some candidates may be required to complete preliminary course work prior to their enrollment.
- Many deadlines for outside (non-Harvard Business School) fellowships are in early spring. Only students who have been accepted are eligible for these fellowships.
- Financial aid is available regardless of when students are admitted. However, since admitted students may apply for financial aid only after they are admitted Round 3 admits have less time to prepare their application.
- Harvard Business School residence halls and Harvard University-affiliated apartments are assigned by lottery. Deadlines for both of these housing options precede Round 3 notification, and you must be admitted to HBS before you can enter these lotteries.
Open to International students: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application(HBS website)
More Scholarship Information and Application (SBC website)
Related: Postgraduate Scholarships for Nigerian Students