NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Program
Course(s) Offered: Several fields
Course Level: Postgraduate (masters, PhD)
Country to Study in: Any country
As part of its Human Resource Development initiatives, NDDC is embarking on Foreign Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme.
The goal of this scholarship scheme is to equip Niger Deltans with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the Local Content programme of the current Administration as well as compete globally in various professional fields.
The Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC was established in 2000 with the mission of facilitating the rapid, even and sustainable development of the Niger Delta into a region that is economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative and politically peaceful.
Eligibility (General Conditions)
- First Degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.
- Gained Admission into a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines in a foreign University.
- Applicants who have not already enrolled in overseas' universities are NOT eligible to apply.
- Bond of good conduct from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan:
- Member of National Assembly
- Chairman of the LGA.
- First class traditional ruler.
- High Court Judge
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall NOT be considered for the award.
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service.
- Applicants must have a valid Admission Letter from a Foreign University.
Citizens of Nigeria from the nine (9) Niger delta states:
Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross river, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo, Rivers.
Fields of Study
The Scheme is for suitably qualified applicants with relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines:
- Medicine (M.sc. Public Health Excluded)
- Computer Science/Technology
- Environmental Sciences
- Environmental or Gas/Oil Law
- Project Management
Number of awards
Several will be awarded; although no number is specified by NDDC
For the whole duration of the course program
This is a FULL-fee scholarship. Therefore, all fees and expenses will be paid
Method of Application
Application must be made On-line at the Commission’s website with the following attachments:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government identification letter.
- Post Graduate (PG) admission letter from Overseas University.
- Relevant Degrees from recognized University.
- NYSC Discharge Certificate
Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference.
All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website.
It is important to visit the official NDDC website (link to it is below) to access all forms and for detailed information on how to apply for this award.
All completed applications must be submitted on or before Friday, 28th February, 2015
Please Obtain A Letter Of Recommendation From A Guarantor.
The Niger Delta Development Commission is a Federal Government agency established by former Nigerian president, Olusegun Obasanjo in the year 2000 with the sole mandate of developing the oil-rich Niger Delta region of southern Nigeria.
For Further Enquiries please contact:
Director, Education Health and Social Services (NDDC)
Mobile: 08063280649; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NDDC Headquarters Office
167 Aba Road, Port Harcout, Rivers State.
Application Deadline: 28 February 2015
Open for International Applicants: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: List of Postgraduate Scholarships for Nigerians