Course(s) Offered: Several fields
Course Level: Postgraduate (masters, PhD)
Country to Study in: Any country
The Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC was established in 2000 with the mission of facilitating the rapid, even and sustainable development of the Niger Delta into a region that is economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative and politically peaceful.
As part of its Human Resource Development initiatives, NDDC is embarking on Foreign Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme to equip Niger Deltans with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the Local Content programme of the current Administration as well as compete globally in various professional fields.
Eligibility (General Conditions)
- First Degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.
- Gained Admission into a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines in a foreign University.
- Bond of good conduct from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan.
- Member of National Assembly
- Chairman of the LGA.
- First class traditional ruler.
- High Court Judge
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered for the award.
Suitably qualified postgraduate students from the nine (9) Niger delta states of Nigeria: Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross river, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo, Rivers.
Fields of Study
The Scheme is for suitably qualified applicants with relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines:
- Computer Science/Technology
- Environmental Sciences
- Graduate Pilot Training
Number of awards
Several will be awarded; although no number is specified by NDDC
For the whole duration of the course program
This is a Full-fee scholarship. Therefore, all fees and expenses will be paid
Method of Application
Application must be made On-line at the Commission’s website with the following attachments:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government identification letter.
- Post Graduate (PG) admission letter from Overseas University.
- Relevant Degrees from recognized University.
Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference.
All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website.
Select Your Preferred Program from the appropriate Application Form below:
- Masters Degree – http://forms.nddc.gov.ng/view.php?id=37
- PhD Programme – http://forms.nddc.gov.ng/view.php?id=38
All completed applications must be submitted on or before 31st December, 2012
Please Obtain A Letter Of Recommendation From A Guarantor.
Applicants who might have admission challenges should contact:
Director, Education Health and Social Services (NDDC)
Our physical address is at:
NDDC HEADQUARTERS OFFICE
167 Aba Road, Port Harcout, Rivers State.
Application Deadline: 31 December, 2012
Open for international students: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Was above article useful? Please share: