Course(s) Offered: Several fields
Course Level: Postgraduate (masters, PhD)
Country to Study in: Any country
As part of its Human Resource Development initiatives, NDDC is embarking on its 2016 Foreign Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme for Nigerians from the Niger Delta region.
The goal of this scholarship scheme is to equip Niger Deltans (i.e. Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross river, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo, Rivers) with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the Local Content programme of the current Administration as well as compete globally in various professional fields.
The scholarship scheme is for suitably qualified applicants with relevant Bachelors and/or Masters degrees from recognized universities and higher institutions.
Eligibility (General Conditions)
- First Degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.
- Applicants must have gained Admission into a Post Graduate Programme in any of the under-listed disciplines in a foreign University.
- Applicants who have already enrolled in overseas' universities are NOT eligible to apply.
- Guarantor's written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan:
- Member of National Assembly
- Chairman of the LGA.
- First class traditional ruler.
- High Court Judge
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall NOT be considered for the award.
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service.
- Applicants must have a valid Admission Letter from a Foreign University.
Citizens of Nigeria from the nine (9) Niger delta states:
Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross river, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo, Rivers.
Fields of Study
The Scheme is for suitably qualified applicants with relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines:
- Medical Sciences (M.sc. Public Health Excluded)
- Computer Science/Technology
- Environmental Sciences
- Environmental or Gas/Oil Law
- Project Management
Number of awards
Several will be awarded; although no number is specified by NDDC
For the whole duration of the course program
This is a FULL-fee scholarship. Therefore, all fees and expenses will be paid
Method of Application
Application must be made On-line at the Commission’s website. All applications must be accompanied with the following attachments:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government identification letter.
- Post Graduate (PG) admission letter from Overseas University.
- Relevant Degrees from recognized University.
- NYSC Discharge Certificate
It is important to visit the official NDDC scholarship website (link to it is below) for complete information, and to access the online application portal for both Masters and PhD applications.
All completed applications must be submitted on or before Friday, 22nd April, 2016
Please ensure that the size OF all uploaded documents and certificates does not exceed 50kb.
All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website.
The Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC was established in 2000 with the mission of facilitating the rapid, even and sustainable development of the Niger Delta into a region that is economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative and politically peaceful.
The Niger Delta Development Commission is a Federal Government agency established by former Nigerian president, Olusegun Obasanjo in the year 2000 with the sole mandate of developing the oil-rich Niger Delta region of southern Nigeria.
For further enquiries, please contact:
The Director, Education Health and Social Services (NDDC);
Mobile: 08034534598, 084668158;
NDDC OFFICE HEADQUARTERS ADDRESS:
167 Aba Road, Port Harcout, Rivers State.
Application Deadline: 22 April 2016
Open for International Applicants: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application(current 2016 call)
Related: List of Postgraduate Scholarships for Nigerians