Course(s) Offered: All disciplines
Course Level: Undergraduate (Bachelors)
Provider: MasterCard Foundation
Country to Study in: Ghana
The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) Ghana is offering the MasterCard Foundation Scholarships for Ghanaian and other African students to study in Ghana. MasterCard has committed $20.8 million towards this program.
The goal of the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST is to raise transformational leaders to influence change on the African Continent. The Program provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant university education.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST embodies an array of mentoring and cultural transition services to ensure student academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further social and economic change for Africa.
For the 2017/2018 Academic year, the opportunity is open to:
- All Applicants with WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognised institution and Certificate Ready and Satisfies KNUST’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted.
- The Applicant must have Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement (s).
- Females and Physically Challenged Applicants shall be given top priority.
- All Subjects are considered; however, there is Preference for Science Students.
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back And Give-Back to his or her Community.
Citizens of Ghana and other African countries
The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) Ghana
Fields of study
All disciplines are considered, however, there is a preference for Science students
Number of awards
The scholarship program covers the full period of undergraduate study
The Scholarship includes;
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back), and uniquely sourced internships.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
- The opportunity to be enrolled on an accelerated Master’s Degree after undergraduate studies with an MCF Partner institution in the USA.
There are absolutely NO CHARGES/ FEES/ FACILITATION/ AGENTS OR INTERMEDIARIES REQUIRED at any stage of this process. To apply, applicants need to download a copy of the Application Form from the official website (link to it is below). Then submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS/ any other courier mail to:
The Program Manager,
MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program,
Office of the Dean of Students, KNUST
Private Mail Bag
Inaccurate information or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of any applicant and any attempt to influence the process will lead to a disqualification and a recommendation for summary dismissal. Telephone numbers provided by applicants should be ACTIVE at all time to receive critical information.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information and also to download the scholarship application form.
Applications close at 17:00GMT, 12th May, 2017
Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews to be held at the KNUST Secretariat of MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, Office of the Dean of Students. Final Selection will be done by an independent panel constituted by the Vice Chancellor of KNUST.
Verification of ALL examination results and information provided as well as community visits of SUCCESSFUL applicants will be conducted.
Award of the Scholarship will be published on the Program’s website (http://mcf.knust.edu.gh/).
Application Deadline: 12 May 2017
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application(2017 Call)
More Scholarship Information and Application(Homepage)
Related: Scholarships in Africa for International Students