Course(s): Any innovative idea
Course Level: Competition
Provider: Goi Peace Foundation, Stiftung Entrepreneurship, UNESCO
Country to Study in: Worldwide
The Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition is an international program launched by The Goi Peace Foundation, Stiftung Entrepreneurship (Berlin) and UNESCO. See current 2016 edition of competition.
The competition provides a global platform for young entrepreneurs who aspire to create positive change in their communities. Everyone has the potential to become an entrepreneur.
The Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition is an exciting new opportunity to develop your innovative ideas and projects to create positive change in your community and the world. With support and feedback from peers around the world, you can turn your passion for a better world into reality.
You do not have to be born as an entrepreneur, you do not have to work twelve hours a day, and you do not need a patent or a lot of capital.
You do not even need detailed knowledge of business management, legal issues, marketing, or finance.
You only have to start your company from pre-existing components or by working in a team to complete the missing competencies, instead of building everything yourself. It is not easy, but you can do it! You have the power to become a successful entrepreneur!
You are eligible to enter, if:
- You are between the ages of 15 and 30
- You have an innovative idea for an enterprise which contributes to the sustainable development of your community, in a field such as:
- the environment
- poverty reduction
- peace building
- cultural diversity
- sustainable energy
- food security
- sustainable trade
- the elderly
- empowerment of women and youth
OR, You are operating such an enterprise in the form of a business, a non-profit organization, or an informal program
- You are able to submit your entries and make presentations in English.
- You are requested to submit your entries in one of the following two categories:
- Best Ideas Category:
Innovative ideas and plans for an enterprise (It must be a new and original idea yet to be fully implemented by the entrant or by others.)
- Best Projects Category:
Already existing enterprise which has demonstrated social impact
- Best Ideas Category:
- Submissions from teams are welcome. However, the idea may only be submitted by one team member.
- You may submit more than one idea/project entry.
- You are welcome to enter ideas or projects which have won other prizes or competitions.
Citizens of ALL countries
Fields of study
By highlighting the best examples of youth entrepreneurship, the competition aims to empower the young generation to take the initiative in social innovation and become pioneers in building a harmonious and sustainable society.
With their innovative ideas and leadership, these global citizens will tackle some of the key challenges of today and offer a model of the entrepreneurial potential that will fuel our future.
All participants will receive free training at the online Entrepreneurship Campus. This training provides methods and techniques for developing ideas into solid business models, to turn a budding idea into a fully developed concept, or to improve on an existing business model.
Method of Application
1). First, sign up (link for this is below) to become a registered member.
2). Complete the entry form and submit it online. Entries may only be submitted in English.
Entries will be evaluated and nominated based on the following criteria among other factors:
- entrepreneurial vision
- feasibility (e.g. relatively low capital investment requirement)
- social impact (e.g. ecological benefit)
- scalability (The application can be multiplied.)
- Entries will be reviewed by the competition administrators, and only those that meet a certain standard and pass the preliminary screening will be published on the competition website. The general public can vote for their favorite entry and add their comments and recommendations.
- Entrants may refine their entries up until the entry deadline to reflect the comments and recommendations received. They may also support their entry by submitting a video presentation of their enterprise idea or activity (up to 3 minutes).
- The 10 entries receiving most votes in each of the two categories will be considered as finalists.
- From among the finalists, the judges will make the final selection of three winners (Grand Prize, 2nd Prize and 3rd Prize) in each category.
- Entries will be evaluated based on their entrepreneurial vision, feasibility, innovation, leadership, social impact, and sustainability, among other factors.
- In addition, the People’s Choice Prize will be given to the entry with the largest number of votes in each of the two categories.
If you know a young person with an idea or project, please inform him or her about the Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition.
Deadline for entries is June 30 2014
The Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition is organized by: The Goi Peace Foundation, Tokyo (Japan); Stiftung Entrepreneurship (Foundation for Entrepreneurship), Berlin (Germany); AND United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization – UNESCO, Paris (France).
Application Deadline: 30 June 2014
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: List of Competitions for International Students