Course(s) Offered: All fields
Course Level: Undergraduate, Graduate
Provider: Brunel University
Country to Study in: UK
The Brunel International office at Brunel University London runs The Brunel International Scholarship Programme as an annual award open to all international students from countries worldwide.
The goal of the Brunel International Scholarships is to provide financial support to exceptional students, who will go on to represent Brunel as ambassadors throughout their time at the University.
The Brunel International Scholarship awards are open to undergraduate, postgraduate and research students who are classed as overseas for fee purposes. Eligible students are encouraged to apply during the application period.
Applications for a Brunel International scholarship are invited from students starting a new programme of study in the academic year 2013/14 who meet the following criteria:
- Are not a current Brunel student on a full time or part time undergraduate or postgraduate programme, with the exception of students on the English@Brunel, Pre-sessional English and Intensive Foundation or Premasters courses through the IPLC (International Pathways and Language Centre);
- Have an offer to study on an undergraduate or taught postgraduate taught programme of study starting in September 2013 or a postgraduate research programme of study starting in the academic year 2013/14;
- Has been assessed as an international student for fees purposes;
- Agree to engage in a wide range of publicity and promotional activities, plus a formal event during the academic year. Please note that this is a key requirement of the award and by accepting the award you will be entering into an agreement to undertake these activities. (see Section 3 on the official website - link to it is below) Failure to comply with this agreement may lead to withdrawal of the award;
- Have not been in receipt of a Brunel International Scholarship previously, either as part of current or earlier studies.
Students who are eligible for the Brunel Postgraduate Academic Excellence scholarship cannot be awarded a Brunel International scholarship. If you apply and later become eligible for an Academic Excellence scholarship, the university will automatically withdraw your application for the Brunel International scholarships and award you the Academic Excellence Scholarship.
All international students from any country, EXCEPT UK/EU countries
Brunel University, London. United Kingdom
Fields of study
All courses, both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, offered at the university are eligible
Number of awards
A total number of 37 scholarships is available - 30 funded by the university and 7 by the Brunel Scholarships Fund (via the generosity of Brunel alumni and supporters)
Award is a single contribution and will not be continued in subsequent years
Awards comprise of a 15% discount off the cost of tuition fees
Method of Application
Applications can be made from March 2013 and should be made electronically via the Brunel International website.
If you wish to apply for a scholarship you must apply for a course at Brunel first - the university recommends your course application reaches the Admissions Office no later than the 8th April 2013. This is so they have enough time to assess your application and issue you with an applicant number in time for you to make a scholarship application.
For detailed information on this scholarship and other application procedures, visit the official website (link to it is found below).
The key dates to remember when applying for the 2013/14 scholarships are:
- 8th April: You should ensure your course application reaches Brunel by this date. If your course application is received after this date the school cannot guarantee issuing you with an applicant number, in time to apply for a scholarship.
- 28th May 10am (GMT): Applications must be submitted by this date. Do not leave your application to the last minute!. Also be sure to check what time 10am GMT is in your local time.
- 5th July: All applicants will be informed whether or not they have been successful by the end of the first week of July. This may be subject to change if a very large volume of applications are received.
- 19th July: Applicants offered a scholarship must notify Brunel that they would like to accept the award by this date. If they do not the award may be offered to someone on the reserve list.
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application