Course(s) Offered: All fields
Course Level: Graduate (PhD)
Provider: Cardiff University
Country to Study in: UK
In recognition of the outstanding talent of many international students, Cardiff University offers a highly prestigious International Scholarship Fund designed to attract and reward the brightest students.
There is a wide range of distinct scholarships available, at all academic levels: Foundation, Undergraduate, Postgraduate Taught, and PhD.
This scholarship is for:
- Applicants for full-time PhD programmes (3 years), subject to the award holder maintaining satisfactory progress.
- For candidates commencing their programme on 1 Oct 2013 or, with the agreement of their School, 1 Jan 2014.
- Applicants will normally be expected to have achieved the equivalent of a UK first class degree at bachelor level, and, where required by their discipline, to hold a Master's level qualification of an excellent standard.
- Through their previous achievements and their research proposals, applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have the potential to be outstanding researchers.
- Applicants must be clear as to why they wish to undertake their PhD at Cardiff University and with their proposed main supervisor and/or research group.
International applicants from any country
Cardiff University, Wales; United Kingdom
Fields of study
Any discipline of study is invited
Number of awards
Not specified by provider
The whole duration of a full-time PhD programme (3 years), subject to maintaining satisfactory progress
The award will cover the difference between the tuition fee for a full-time, 'home' (UK/EU) PhD student and the fee chargeable to an 'overseas' PhD student for the three year period.
Successful candidates will be required, therefore, to find other funding for the remainder of the fees and to cover their maintenance costs.
Method of Application
Applicants are advised to establish a dialogue with their intended supervisor to discuss their PhD proposal before they submit their application for a Cardiff University Overseas Research Scholarship.
- have made an application for full-time PhD study at Cardiff University before the Scholarship application deadline of Friday 3 May 2013
- be applying for a PhD that commences on 1 October 2013 or, with the approval of the School in which the PhD will be based, 1 January 2014;
- be liable to pay tuition fees at the overseas rate;
- be able to fulfill the academic entry requirements of Cardiff University.
The application deadline date is Friday 3 May 2013
Applicants must be highly qualified and motivated, with an outstanding academic record and be able to demonstrate excellent research potential.
The Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis to candidates of outstanding merit and research potential. Awards may be held in any field of study, but the proposed PhD topic should align with the current research priorities of the School in which the project will be undertaken, so the application should be discussed with the proposed supervisor at an early stage.
For any other enquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 3 May 2013
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Cardiff University Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students