Course(s) Offered: Any field
Course Level: Graduate (masters)
Provider: Cardiff University
Country to Study in: UK
The Cardiff University Postgraduate Taught International Scholarships is offered by the university to international students. Scholarships are to be used for entry in academic year 2013/14 only and cannot be used for 2014/15 entry.
If you are awarded a scholarship and wish to defer your entry to the University, you will lose your scholarship and will need to re-apply again in the following year. These scholarships are only available to self-funded students.
Students must satisfy certain financial requirements as part of their visa application for study in the UK and students should not be solely relying on receiving a scholarship to meet the UK Border Agency (UKBA) financial requirements.
To be eligible:
- You must be confirmed as an Overseas Student for fee paying purposes (this information is contained in your offer letter).*
- You must fully complete the application form with the supporting statements as directed. Incomplete forms will not be considered.
- You must return the completed application form by the deadline. Applications received after this date will not be accepted. Applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline. Any applications not sent to this email account will not be considered.
- Cardiff University must have received your application for an academic course by 1300 (GMT) Tuesday 30th April 2013. You must have received, and firmly accepted, a conditional or unconditional offer by the deadline of 1300 (GMT) Friday 31st May 2013**
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught applicants for the International Scholarships must have received a conditional or unconditional offer for the 2013/14 academic year. Undergraduate applicants must have accepted Cardiff University as their Firm choice on the UCAS system by 1300 (GMT) Friday 31st May 2013. Postgraduate Taught applicants must have accepted their offer via the Cardiff University SIMS online application service by 1300 (GMT) Friday 31st May 2013.
The scholarships are open to international students from all countries
Cardiff University, United Kingdom
Fields of study
For all postgraduate taught programmes offered at Cardiff University
Number of awards
Fourteen (14) scholarships will be given
The value will be as follows:
- 6 x Full Tuition Fee awards. These awards will cover tuition fees (maximum Science fees) for students studying Postgraduate Taught courses (for a maximum of 1 year).
- 8 x Part Tuition Fee awards. These awards will cover half tuition fees (maximum Science fees) for students studying Postgraduate Taught courses (for a maximum of 1 year).
The International Scholarship Fund application form will be available when you have firmly accepted a conditional or unconditional offer to study at Cardiff University and will be available to download from your SIMS online application account. If the application form is not available please email email@example.com so that they may advise you.
Please see the Guidance Notes (available only with the application form on your SIMS online application account) and Eligibility Criteria for further information on this. Only one application form is to be completed to apply for any of the Postgraduate Taught International Scholarships.
The deadline to submit an application for the Postgraduate Taught International Scholarships is: 1300 (GMT) Friday 31st May 2013
Please read about the Eligibility Criteria(pdf) and FAQs(pdf) regarding this award before you apply.
If you have any questions regarding these awards, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 31 May 2013
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Cardiff University Overseas Research Scholarships for PhD Students