Course(s) Offered: Information Technology
Course Level: Postgraduate (masters, PhD)
Country to Study in: Any country
The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) in pursuance of her mandate of producing globally competitive manpower in order to bridge the digital divide and transform Nigeria into an Information Technology capable country, has established a scholarship scheme for Post Graduate (PG) studies in Master’s and Doctorate (PhD) degrees in relevant areas of information Technology (IT) obtainable in National and international Universities.
The 2013/14 NITDA scholarship for Nigerians is now open for applications from suitably qualified candidates.
Who is qualified to apply?
- Masters Degree: Candidates for the award of Masters Degree Scholarship must have 1st class or 2nd class upper Division in relevant Information Technology field of study.
- PhD: Candidates for the award of PhD degree scholarship must have Masters Degree in relevant Information Technology field of study.
The scholarships will be strictly based on merit and cover the six Geo-political Zones of the country.
The Agency will collaborate with the various institutions of higher learning within and outside the country to ensure that the scheme is successfully executed.
IT students who are of Nigerian origin
Any accredited Nigerian and/or International Universities
Fields of study
Postgraduate level courses in Information Technology fields are covered
Number of awards
Several, but not specified by provider
For the whole duration of the programme - one year for the Masters programme and three years for the Doctorate programme.
Method of Application
Application is based online through the registration form located on the official NITDA website. Please note this:
- Scan and attach your passport photograph (must be in jpg format) which should not be larger than 50kb.
- You should scan and convert your certificate to a PDF file which should not be larger than 100kb.
The Application Deadline Date for the NITDA Scholarship 2013/2014 session is 24th June, 2013. The deadline for last session was 17th October 2012.
We refer to our previous advertisement for NITDEFF SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME which also requested for submission of application from qualified Nigerians; we hereby give notice of scheduled aptitude tests for shortlisted candidates.
Applicants who submitted applications for the advertisement are advised to visit the agency scholarship portal: http://scholarship.nitda.gov.ng (active link below) to ascertain if they are shortlisted and be informed of other details of the scheduled aptitude tests.
Please note that the scheduled test will be strictly administered to shortlisted applicants only.
All candidates having verified that they have been shortlisted are expected to report to the venue of the schedule tests which will hold on the 3rd and 4th of July 2013.
Candidates are expected to bring along their “Preview Page” printout and the following items:
- Identification (driver license, national ID Card, International Passport or local government certificate with an attached passport photograph that is duly stamped)
- One recent passport photograph
- Time and venue details can be found on your preview page downloadable at: www.scholarship.nitda.gov.ng (active link below)
No Change of Venue, No Rescheduling.
If you still have any questions or experience any difficulties with the application system, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 24 June 2013
Open to International Applicants: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: List of Postgraduate Scholarships for Nigerian Students