Course(s) Offered: Fields related to innovation and development
Course Level: Postgraduate
Provider: Federal Government of Nigeria (via NUC)
Country to Study in: Any country
As part of efforts to achieve the goals of Vision 20:2020 and the Transformation Agenda, the Federal Government of Nigeria plans to develop a critical mass of professionals who would serve as catalysts of change and agents of scientific and technological advancement, as well as sustainable economic development.
This would be achieved through the sponsorship of outstanding students for postgraduate studies in the top 25 universities in the world. To this end, the Federal Government has instituted the Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development (PRESSID).
The PRESSID Implementation Committee now invites applications from qualified candidates for the second edition of the scheme (2013/2014 academic session).
Interested candidates should:
- be graduates from the 2010/2011 and 2011/2012 academic sessions, who would have completed their National Youth Service by October 2013;
- have obtained First Class Honours degree from any recognized and approved University in the following disciplines and aim at postgraduate degrees in the specified and allied disciplines:
- Sciences: Nuclear Physics, Operations Research, Industrial Chemistry, Quantitative Genetics, etc
- Basic Medical Sciences: Anatomy, Physiology, Medical Biochemistry, etc;
- Special Aspects of Biology: Biometrics, Molecular Biology, etc;
- Economics: Econometrics, Development Economics, etc;
- Engineering & Technology: Aeronautical Engineering, Mechatronics, Metallurgy, Material Science and Production Engineering, Nanotechnology, Cyber-Security, Software Engineering, etc;
- Medicine: Oncology, Human Genetics, Hepatology, Nuclear Medicine, Geriatrics, etc;
In all cases, candidates must:
- be below 30 years of age by October 2013;
- be computer literate; and
- be ready to be bonded and to work, preferably, as academic staff in any public university or research institute for a minimum period of five (5) years.
Citizens of Nigeria (graduating from recognised/approved universities in Nigeria)
The top 25 universities in the world -- visit the official website via link below for a list of the current schools OR see the list below.
You may view the list of universities below:
- University of Cambridge, UK
- Harvard University , USA
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Yale University, USA
- University of Oxford, UK
- Imperial College, London
- University College, London
- University of Chicago, USA
- University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Columbia University, USA
- Stanford University, USA
- California Institute of Technology (CALTECH), USA
- Princeton University, USA
- University of Michigan, USA
- Cornell University, USA
- Johns Hopkins University, USA
- McGill University, USA
- ETH Zurich (SWISS FEDERAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY)
- Duke University, USA
- University of Edinburgh, UK
- University of California, Berkeley (UCB)
- University of Hong Kong, HONG KONG
- University of Toronto, USA
- NorthWestern University, USA
- University of Tokyo
Postgraduate level study in the areas of:
Sciences, Medicine, Basic Medical Sciences, Engineering, Economics, Special aspects of Biology, Nuclear Physics, Quantitative Genetics, Medical Biochemistry, Aeronautical engineering, among others
Number of awards
One hundred (100) awards every year
Whole duration of program
Method of Application
Interested candidates should visit the official website (link to it is below) to apply online. You are advised to cross check with the courses offered by your preferred institution before completing your application.
It is very important to note that you are required to apply only once. You will be DISQUALIFIED if you apply twice.
All applications must have been received on or before the closing date of 8th November, 2013.
You NEED to cross check the courses offered by your preferred institution before completing your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for further screening.
For further enquiries, please contact the Scholarship Committee through email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: 8 November 2013
Open to International students: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: FG Overseas Scholarships for Nigerian Students