Courses(s) Offered: All fields
Course Level: Undergraduate (bachelors), Postgraduate (masters, PhD)
Provider: Federal Scholarship Board
Country to Study in: Several countries
The Federal Government of Nigeria through the Federal Ministry of Education through the Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) offer the Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Oversea Scholarships to Nigerian undergraduate, masters and doctoral students.
The BEA Scholarship Awards are for eligible Nigerian youths after due process by development partners who have entered into Bilateral Educational agreement with Nigeria. Nigeria equally offers reciprocal awards to citizens of these Bilateral Education Agreement countries: China, Romania, and Cuba.
The Honorable Minister of Education hereby invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the Nomination Interview for the 2017/2018 Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award tenable in Russia, China, Morocco, Turkey, Algeria, Romania, Serbia, Japan, Ukraine, Cuba, Greece, Czech Republic, Syria, Macedonia, Mexico, Egypt, Tunisia etc.
(A). Undergraduate Scholarship
- All applicants must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (i.e. 2015/2016);
- Age limit is from 18-20 years old.
- All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria;
- All applicants must have completed NYSC;
- Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign language of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction
Citizens of Nigeria ONLY.
All accredited institutions of higher learning in the participating countries that have Bilateral Educational Agreements (BEA) with Nigeria. The participating countries include:
- For Undergraduate studies: tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, and Macedonia.
- For Postgraduate studies: tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
The Fields of Study:
- Undergraduate level: Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D): All fields
Not specified, but several would be awarded
The duration ranges from 4 - 9 years depending on the course of study and the country
The participating countries are responsible for the tuition and accommodation, while Nigeria government takes care of the following;
- $500 monthly for supplementation
- $250 yearly for warm clothing
- $200 yearly for Health Insurance
- $500 yearly for medical scholars only
- $1000 for PG research grant yearly were applicable
- N100,000 – Take off for PG scholars were applicable
- N60,000 – Take off for UG scholars were applicable
1.0): To apply for the federal government scholarship, all qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit the FSB's online application system for BEA Scholarship Award (link to it is below).
- Supply a valid email address and password on the "CREATE ACCOUNT" form to register. Or if you have registered, access application form using the same email and password through the "Log In" form.
- Fill out and save your information on each of the sections on the form one after the other. You can go back to any of the sections to edit your information and save again as much as may be necessary before the deadline date. Be informed that all asteric ( * ) fields are compulsory.
2.0): Venue of Interview:
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of the completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- Only one certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June only;
- Two copies of Birth certificate from National Population Commission;
- State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) passport sized coloured photographs on white background; and
- Postgraduate Applicants are required to submit their Academic transcripts and NYSC certificates.
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport, and
- Specified Medical Reports from Government Hospitals; and
- Police clearance certificate where necessary.
The Interview Venues and Dates can be found on the official website. The interview would take place from February 13th to February 17th 2017 by 9.00AM Daily. Applications should be submitted before this date. Applicants are advised to attend the interview at their respective zones of origin.
WARNING: Double Entries will be disqualified.
Do note that this scholarship application does not attract any processing fee. Therefore, beware of fraudsters!
Application Deadline: 12 February 2017
Open to International Applicants: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application(APPLY HERE)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Federal Govt Scholarships for Nigerian Tertiary Institution Students