Courses(s) Offered: All fields
Course Level: Undergraduate (bachelors), Postgraduate (masters, PhD)
Provider: Federal Scholarship Board
Country to Study in: Several countries
The Federal Government of Nigeria through the Federal Ministry of Education through the Federal Scholarship Board is offering the Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Oversea Scholarships to Nigerian undergraduate, masters and doctoral students.
The BEA Awards are scholarship awards made to eligible Nigerian youths after due process by development partners who have entered into Bilateral Educational agreement with Nigeria. Nigeria equally offers reciprocal awards to citizens of the following Bilateral Education Agreement countries: China, Romania, and Cuba.
The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), is hereby inviting interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2016/2017 Nomination Interview for the Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award tenable in Russia, China, Morocco, Turkey, Algeria, Romania, Serbia, Japan, Ukraine, Cuba, Greece, Czech Republic, Syria, Macedonia, Mexico, Egypt, Tunisia etc.
(A). Undergraduate Scholarship
- Candidates must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) including English language and Mathematics.
- Certificates (WAEC/NECO) obtained at one sitting and should not be more than Two (2) years old
- Candidate must be between 18-22 years at the time of taking up the award.
- All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- All applicants must have completed NYSC or have Exemption certificate.
- Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- Academic transcript
Knowledge of the language of the country of choice is an added advantage.
Since the donor countries are non english speaking, applicants should therefore be prepared to undertake mandatory one year foreign language of the country of choice which will be the medium of instructions. And For postgraduate applicants for Russian award, the candidate must have obtained his/her first degree Russia.
Citizens of Nigeria ONLY.
All accredited institutions of higher learning in the participating countries that have Bilateral Educational Agreements (BEA) with Nigeria.
The participating countries include:
- Undergraduate (UG) studies: tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia.
- Postgraduate (PG) studies: tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
The Fields of Study:
- Undergraduate level: Medicine, Paramedical, Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, etc
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D): All fields
Awardees study the language of the country in their first Year and this constitutes the language of instruction throughout their study.
It is pertinent to state that performance in the language course determines the continuation of the course of study for which the award has been made.
Number of awards
Not specified, but several would be awarded
The duration of the scholarship offer ranges from 4 - 9 years depending on the level of study and the country.
The participating countries are responsible for the tuition and accommodation, while Nigeria government takes care of the following;
- $500 monthly for supplementation
- $250 yearly for warm clothing
- $200 yearly for Health Insurance
- $500 yearly for medical scholars only
- $1000 for PG research grant yearly were applicable
- N100,000 – Take off for PG scholars were applicable
- N60,000 – Take off for UG scholars were applicable
To apply for the federal government scholarship, all qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit the FSB's BEA application site: http://www.education.gov.ng/fsb/bea/
- Then, supply a valid email address and password on the "CREATE ACCOUNT" form to register. If you have registered, you can access the application form using the same email and password through the "Log In" form.
- Fill out and save your information on each of the sections on the form one after the other. You can go back to any of the sections to edit your information and save again as much as may be necessary before submitting your application on the last section of the form.
- Print completed Application Form and Acknowledgement Slip and bring two (2) copies to the interview venue (as found on official website).
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues nearest to them as scheduled for their respective states of origin. Two sets of completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two authenticated photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonial of previous school attended in two envelopes.
- Only one Certificate will be accepted ie WAEC or NECO
- Two copies of Birth Certificate
- State of Origin Certificate duly signed, stamped and dated.
- Four passport sized colour photographs on white background.
- Academic transcripts and NYSC certificate will be required from applicants for postgraduate studies.
The Interview Venues and Dates can be found on the official website. The interview would take place from March 7th to March 10th 2016 by 9.00am daily. Applications should be submitted before the nomination interview of 7th to 10th March 2016.
Applicants are strongly advised to attend the interview at their zones of origin.
The 2016/2017 BEA scholarship application closing date is 6th March, 2016.
Candidates nominated and finally selected by the awarding BEA countries will be required to submit to Federal scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates
- Data page of current International passport, and
- Specified medical reports and police clearance certificate.
Double Entries will be disqualified.
Application Deadline: 6 March 2016
Open to International Applicants: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application(APPLY HERE)
More BEA Award Scholarship Information
Related: Federal Government Scholarships for Students in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions