Study Subject(s): Any
Course Level: Undergraduate
Scholarship Provider: Venezuelan Association
Scholarship can be taken at: USA
To qualify for an AVMO scholarship, applicants must:
1. Have graduated High School with a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 Grading Scale.
2. Be of Hispanic heritage: The applicant or one parent, the Grandparents or any of them have to be born in a Hispanic Country.
3. Be able to clearly demonstrate financial needs, residency and ethnicity.
4. Be currently enrolled, pursuing or planning to enroll as a full time student in the state of Missouri.
5. Be an accepted or enrolled student at an accredited College as a High school senior or College freshmen, sophomore, or junior or senior in 2011.
6. Be an accepted or enrolled student at an accredited University for the year 2011, and plan to study for a bachelor’s degree. Venezuelan Association in Missouri Scholarship is awarded on the basis of merit and financial need to undergraduate students with an outstanding academic record who demonstrate strong character and determination to earn their college degree.
7.Be resident of the Missouri State, understanding as resident: “Student who has permanent resident in the state of Missouri and has been living in the state for a continuous ninety days or more”.
8. Be a U.S Citizen, legal permanent resident or lawfully registered student.
9.Excludes students enrolled exclusively in a full-time ESL program.
Scholarship Open for International Students: No
The members of the Venezuelan Association in Missouri board offered their candidacy to be members of the scholarship committee. The scholarship committee established and defines criteria of selection, and other guidelines for the scholarship. The scholarship committee chooses three members of St. Louis community. The people selected approve their selection to be the scholarship Evaluation Council. Those criteria, amount to award, etc. are defined and approved by the board.
How to Apply: By Post
Scholarship Application Deadline: 1 July 2011
Further Scholarship Information and Application