Course(s) Offered: Several
Course Level: Postgraduate (masters)
Provider: University of Edinburgh
Country to Study in: Any country (online)
The University of Edinburgh will offer masters scholarships for eligible distance learning Master’s programmes offered by the University.
The scholarship awards are for students who are accepted for admission into any of the below eligible distance learning Master's programmes at the University of Edinburgh. See 'Fields of study' below.
Applicants must be both nationals of and resident in the any of the countries listed below. See 'Eligible groups' below.
The scholarship will be awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree at undergraduate level or the international equivalent.
The online scholarships are for nationals of:
Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Benin; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cambodia; Central African Republic; Chad; Comoros; Congo, Dem Rep; Côte d'Ivoire; Eritrea; Ethiopia; Gambia, The; Ghana; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Haiti; India; Kenya; Korea, Dem Rep; Kyrgyz Republic; Lao PDR; Liberia; Madagascar; Malawi; Mali; Mauritania; Mongolia; Mozambique; Myanmar; Nepal; Niger; Nigeria; Pakistan; Papua New Guinea; Rwanda; São Tomé and Principe; Senegal; Sierra Leone; Solomon Islands; Somalia; Sudan; Tajikistan; Tanzania; Timor-Leste; Togo; Uganda; Uzbekistan; Vietnam; Yemen, Rep; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh; UK
Fields of study
The eligible distance learning programmes are as follows:
College of Humanities and Social Science:
- MSc Advanced Clinical Skills
- MSc Creative Writing
- MSc Digital Education (including PG Certificate and PG Diploma)
- MSc Digital Media Design (part-time and full-time)
- MSc Global Challenges
- MSc History (Online Distance Learning)
- LLM Information Technology Law
- LLM Innovation, Technology and the Law
- LLM Intellectual Property Law
- LLM International Commercial Law and Practive
- MSc Landscape, Environment & History
- LLM Law
- LLM Medical Law and Ethics
- MSc Mental Health and Well-being of Children, Young People and Families
- MSc Next Generation Drug Discovery
- MSc Research-Informed Science Education
- ChM General Surgery
- MSc Biodiversity, Wildlife and Ecosystem Health
- MSc Clinical Education
- MSc Clinical Management of Pain
- MSc Clinical Trials
- MVetSci Conservation Medicine
- MSc Equine Science
- MSc Global eHealth
- MSc Global Health and Infectious Diseases
- MSc Global Health: Non Communicable Diseases
- MSc Imaging
- MSc Internal Medicine
- MSc International Animal Health
- MSc International Animal Welfare, Ethics and Law
- MSc Neuroimaging for Research
- MSc One Health
- MSc Paediatric Emergency Medicine
- MSc Surgical Sciences
- MSc Translational Medicine
A total of six (6) masters scholarships are available and offered every year
Each scholarship will have a total value of £5,000 which will be deducted from the tuition fee for the entire part-time programme of study.
Method of Application
To be eligible, applicants should already have been offered a place at the University of Edinburgh and should have firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so.
Eligible applicants should complete a 'Postgraduate Master's Online Scholarship Application Form'. Please visit the official website via link below to do this. When completing the personal statement section of the scholarship application form, please indicate why Distance Learning suits your particular circumstances making reference to both online learning and distance learning.
It is very important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for most current and detailed information.
The closing date for applications for these scholarships is 29 May 2015.
Please note that you will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh and have full EASE authentication.
A Selection Committee will meet in June 2015 to select the scholarship holders. The winners of the scholarships will be announced in July 2015.
The University of Edinburgh, founded in 1583, is the sixth-oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland's ancient universities. The university is deeply embedded in the fabric of the city, with many of the buildings in the historic Old Town belonging to the university.
Application Deadline: 29 May 2015
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: List of Edinburgh Global and non-Global Scholarships
Was above article useful? Please share: