Course(s) Offered: Several fields
Course Level: Postgraduate (masters)
Provider: Agip Nigeria (NAE)
Country to Study in: Nigeria, Overseas
Nigerian Agip Exploration Limited (NAE), on behalf of the NNPC/NAE/OANDO PSC, is committed to the training and development of manpower as part of its Social Investment Programme/Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme.
In pursuance of this, NAE has supported the education of hundreds of Nigerian students through its Postgraduate Scholarship Programme.
NAE invites applications from suitably qualified and interested Nigerian graduates for the 2016/2017 Post Graduate Scholarship Award Scheme. The award is in two categories – Nigeria and Oversea scholarships.
To qualify for 2016/2017 NAE Post Graduate Scholarship Award scheme, applicants MUST:
- Possess a minimum of Second Class Upper division in any of the relevant disciplines from a recognised Nigerian university.
- Have secured admission into a Nigerian or Overseas university for a one year Master’s Degree programme in any of the disciplines listed below.
- Not be above 28 years of age by December 31st, 2016.
- Have completed the one year National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme.
Citizens or permanent residents of Nigerian origin
Accredited Universities and higher educational institution both within and outside Nigeria -- a). Overseas awards are for study in any reputable overseas university while; b). Local awards are for study in any recognized Nigerian university.
Fields of Study
Only candidates with offer of admission and BSc degrees in disciplines related to the following areas should apply;
- Engineering (Petroleum, Mechanical, Civil, Subsea, Electrical/Electronics, Marine, Chemical)
- Petroleum Economics
- Law (Oil and Gas/Petroleum)
Not specified; however several are awarded
The NAE scholarship award applies to tuition, books, field trips, accommodation, living expenses and a return economy ticket for selected one-year course of study
Method of Application
Interested and qualified / eligible applicants must read the instructions AND submit an application on the official website. Please ensure you understand the Instructions carefully before you start your application to avoid errors and disqualification. Strict compliance with the official guidelines is required. Label the scanned documents accordingly (see list below), to avoid mix up during upload. Attach the right documents in the appropriate upload section. Applicants for the Overseas category are encouraged to also apply for the Local Post Graduate Scholarship Award.
Candidates should have the following clearly scanned documents before starting the application process:
- Passport photograph (450 × 450 pixel) with white background not more than 3 months old
- Provisional admission letter for post graduate studies 2016/2017 session into any reputable university – Local/Overseas. This admission letter must be for the course stated on the candidate’s application.
- First Degree Certificate
- NYSC Discharge Certificate
- Valid ID card (Driver's license, Voter's card, National Identity card)
- Valid International Passport Data Page for Overseas category only (Valid for travel at least one year from September 2016)
- Birth Certificate from Local government
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- NAE Compliance Declaration Form
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply, and to start your application.
ALL applications close at midnight 26th June, 2016
The Computer Based Test for shortlisted candidates shall be conducted on 9th July, 2016.
ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the aptitude test. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with details of the qualifying test via SMS and Email (Ensure to provide valid email and phone contacts).
Completion of the application form and test invitation shall NOT be construed as a commitment on the part of the NNPC/NAE/OANDO PSC nor shall it entitle applicants to make any claims whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from NAE and/or any of its partners by virtue of responding to this invitation to apply for Post Graduate scholarship award.
Multiple applications shall lead to disqualification. Kindly review your profile before applying.
Application Deadline: 26 June 2016
Open to International students: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Agip Nigeria Scholarships for Undergraduate Students