Course(s) Offered: Any course
Course level: Undergraduate
Provider: Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC)
Country to Study in: Nigeria
The Nigerian Agip Oil Company Limited (NAOC) in pursuance of its Community Development Programme invites suitably qualified candidates for its Tertiary Institutions Scholarship Awards Scheme.
The Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) Undergraduate Scholarships (otherwise called the Tertiary Institutions Scholarship Awards Scheme will be effective between 3rd February to 10th March 2014. NAOC is the Operator of the NNPC/NAOC/Phillips Joint Venture.
The Categories of Awards are as follows:
- Host Communities Merit Award: For applicants strictly from NAOC host communities
- National Merit Award: For applicants from non-host communities.
To qualify for consideration applicants MUST be:
- Registered FULL TIME undergraduates in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions
- Certified 100 level students at the time of application.
The following categories of students should NOT apply:
- 200 level students and above
- Current beneficiaries of similar awards from other companies and agencies
- Dependants of employees of NAOC, AENR and NAE
Only candidates studying Engineering, Geology and Geosciences are eligible for the National Merit Award.
Citizens of Nigerian origin ONLY
All accredited tertiary institutions of higher learning in Nigeria
Fields of study
For the 'Host Community Merit Award' - any course or field of study.
For the 'National Merit Award' - Engineering, Geology and Geosciences students ONLY.
Number of awards
Several, although not specified by provider
This is a Onetime financial award / study grant
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should visit the official website via the links below to apply.
Application is open to fresh candidates.
Before you start this application, ensure you have clear scanned copies of the following documents:
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- School ID card
- Admission letter
- Birth certificate
- Proof of Local Government Area of Origin
- JAMB Result
To apply, follow the steps below:
- Click on "Apply Now" tab.
- Click on "Register Now" to create an account.
- Proceed to your email box to activate your account
- Click on www.scholastica.ng/schemes/naocscholarships to return to Scholarship site
- Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
- Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
- Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
- Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
- When asked to upload photo, upload a pass-port photograph with a white background.
- Recheck application information to avoid errors
- Click "Apply Now" to submit information
- You will receive an email and an sms that confirms your application was successful.
- Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
- Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
- If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN), follow steps below:
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click "Create Account" and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the 37 capture centres across Nigeia (see www.nimc.gov.ng/pages/general/enrolmentcentres.htm) to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your complete registration at the NIMC office
- Return to www.scholastica.ng/schemes/naocscholarships and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
All applications must be made between 3rd February, 2014 to 10th March, 2014.
It is essential to note that:
- Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board.
- The aptitude test will take place at designated centres to be communicated to candidates at a later date and
- Candidates are to fully bear the cost of transportation to and from the aptitude test centres.
For further enquiries, please contact:
Phone number: 07088609791, 07011962033
Application Deadline: 10 March 2014
Open to International students: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application(New current site)
Related: List of Undergraduate Scholarships for Nigerians
Was above article useful? Please share: