Course(s) Offered: Any course
Course level: Undergraduate
Provider: Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC)
Country to Study in: Nigeria
The Nigerian Agip Oil Company Limited (NAOC) in pursuance of its Community Development Programme invites suitably qualified candidates for its Tertiary Institutions Scholarship Awards Scheme.
The Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) Undergraduate Scholarships (otherwise called the Tertiary Institutions Scholarship Awards Scheme) will be effective between 9th February to 9th March 2015. NAOC is the Operator of the NNPC/NAOC/Phillips Joint Venture.
The Categories of Awards are as follows:
- Host Communities Merit Award: For applicants strictly from NAOC host communities
- National Merit Award: For applicants from non-host communities.
To qualify for consideration applicants MUST be:
- Registered FULL TIME undergraduates in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions
- Certified 100 level students at the time of application.
The following categories of students should NOT apply:
- 200 level students and above
- Current beneficiaries of similar awards from other companies and agencies
- Dependants of employees of NAOC, AENR and NAE
Only candidates studying Engineering, Geology and Geosciences are eligible for the National Merit Award.
Citizens of Nigerian origin ONLY
All accredited tertiary institutions of higher learning in Nigeria
Fields of study
For the 'Host Community Merit Award' - any course or field of study.
For the 'National Merit Award' - Engineering, Geology and Geosciences students ONLY.
Number of awards
Several, although not specified by provider
As determined by the sponsor
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should visit the official website via the links below to apply.
Application is open to fresh candidates.
1). Before you start this application, ensure you have clear scanned copies of the following documents:
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- School ID card
- Admission letter
- Birth certificate
- Proof of Local Government Area of Origin
- JAMB Result
3). Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload.
To apply, follow the steps as laid out on the official website (link to it is below). To qualify for consideration, applicants must complete their online application on or before the deadline date.
Application is open from February 9 to close of receipt of e-applications on March 9, 2015. All applications must be made between 9th February, 2015 to 9th March, 2015.
It is essential to note that:
- Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board.
- An Aptitude Test for the applicants in both Categories of Award will be conducted at centers in the following cities:
- Port Harcourt
- Please ensure you understand the Instructions carefully before you start application to avoid errors and disqualification.
Open to International students: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: List of Undergraduate Scholarships for Nigerians
Was above article useful? Please share: