Course(s) Offered: Health Admin.
Course Level: Masters
Provider: TaiwanICDF fund
Country to Study in: Taiwan
The TaiwanICDF Scholarships for International Masters Program in Healthcare Administration is provided by the International Cooperation and Development Fund (TaiwanICDF).
The International Master's Degree Program in Health Care Administration was established in 2000, and provides working health care administrators a chance to gain skills and broaden their global understanding.
Eligibility is limited to students who have completed a bachelor’s (or master’s) degree at foreign universities approved by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of China, ROC, (Taiwan).
Application is limited to students and their parents who are neither ROC (Taiwan) citizens nor overseas Chinese, or who have relinquished ROC (Taiwan) citizenship for at least eight years, and who meet the admission requirements of the School of Health Care Administration.
Citizens of ALL countries on the the List of Countries Eligible for TaiwanICDF Scholarship (i.e. international (non-Taiwanese, non-Chinese) students)
Taipei Medical University, Taipei City, Taiwan
Fields of study
At master’s level, the program offers interdisciplinary courses in English.
Core courses focus primarily on health care administration, and the program also provides courses in theory and practice of health insurance, medical informatics, total quality management in healthcare, operations research in healthcare organization, health information management, international collaborative efforts on injury prevention and control, medical anthropology, and English writing of scientific papers.
Students will earn the “Master of Business Administration (MBA)” degree from the School of Health Care Administration after completing their studies. You may visit the International Master’s Degree Program in Health Care Administration.
Number of awards
Not been specified by the sponsor
This is a FULL scholarship award, thus covering the whole duration of the masters program i.e. 2 years
The scholarship offering includes airfare (Round-Trip), housing, tuition, credit fees, insurance, textbook costs, and a monthly allowance.
The scholarship offering is itemized as follows:
- Airfare: The TaiwanICDF shall arrange your most-direct flights to and from Taiwan with Economy Class tickets.
- Housing: The scholarship will cover the rents of the graduate students' dormitory at TMU.
- Tuition fee & Credit fees: The scholarship will cover the tuition fee and credit fees as required by the student's university.
- Insurance: While in Taiwan, in addition to the mandatory student safety insurance set by the Ministry of Education, each student must be insured for accidental and medical coverage. Insurance fees will be covered for the entire duration of the program.
- Book costs: Purchasing textbooks as required by the instructors shall be subject to the approval of the director of the student's institute.
- Allowance: For Master's Program (maximum 2 years): Each student shall receive NT$15,000 per month (NT$180,000 per year) as allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses. The sum will be deposited monthly into the student's local bank account.
Please note that you must be an international, non-Taiwanese, non-Chinese student to apply to this scholarship.
Documents Required (all in English):
An application is considered to be completed only if it contains all the following documents:
- One copy of the application form with an attachment of a recent 2-inch bust and hatless photo (please see Application Form & TaiwanICDF Medical Report for more - Download from the official website)
- One copy of applicant's passport [for other documents for alien identification, please refer to http://pluto2144.tmu.edu.tw/tmugs/tmugs272/citizen(2009).html]
- One photocopy of the applicant's highest-level certificate or equivalent academic attainment and transcript issued by an international education institution which must be authenticated by a Taiwan's overseas representative office.
- TaiwanICDF Medical report (including an HIV test) dated within the past three months, (please see Application Form & TaiwanICDF Medical Report - Download from official website)
- Pledge of veracity. (please see Application Form & TaiwanICDF Medical Report - Download from official website)
- One copy of valid proof of English proficiency, such as TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, ELPT, EFC, FEC, CAE, or other official test. Applicants who have had at least four-year formal education in English-spoken country do not need to submit English proficiency proof.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Study plan written in English
- Autobiography written in English
- Supporting materials (if applicable): such as curriculum vitae, academic examination (GRE, GMAT, Chinese Proficiency Test, etc.) score, or academic certificates, publications or awards (all supporting materials should be translated into English or Chinese)
Taipei Medical University
250 Wuxing Street, Taipei, Taiwan 11031
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for detailed information and download of necessary documents.
This is an annual scholarship award. Application opens on the beginning of January and ends on 13th April, 2012; however, early application is recommended.
No application with missing articles or incomplete forms will be accepted by the Taipei Medical University.
No late submission or any make-up practice will be accepted.
UPDATED (added 01/013/14): You may visit the TMU admission application system here.
For scholarship or submission inquiries, contact:
Prof. Wen-Shan Jian
Tel: 886-2-27361661 Ext.3620
For issues relating to the Int'l Masters in Health Care Administration course, you may contact:
Prof. Chung-Chien Huang
Address: International Office Taipei Medical University
250 Wuxing Street, Taipei City 11031, Taiwan
Tel: 886-2-2736-1661 ext. 3614
Application Deadline: 13 April 2012
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
More Scholarship Information and Application(2011 scholarship call)
Related: TaiwanICDF Higher Education Scholarship Programs