Course(s) Offered: All fields of study
Course Level: Undergraduate
Provider: Lingnan University
Country to Study in: Hong Kong
Lingnan University offers scholarships to support outstanding overseas students to pursue full-time undergraduate studies at the University.
Full Scholarship (covering tuition, hostel and other academic and living expenses), Tuition Scholarship or Half-Tuition Scholarship will be awarded to successful applicants per academic year. Each scholarship is offered on an annual renewable basis and is tenable for a period of up to 3 years, subject to continued outstanding academic performance.
Applicants are not required to indicate which curriculum (3-year or 4-year) they are applying. They will be considered and suitably admitted to the appropriate curriculum according to their education background and qualifications.
Non-local applicants (other than Hong Kong and the Chinese Mainland citizens) should have attained at a recognised post-secondary institution outside Hong Kong an equivalent qualification to the Admission Requirements of the University, as stipulated below:
- a degree, a sub-degree or a diploma awarded by a recognised post-secondary institution;
- an International Baccalaureate Diploma;
- High School Diploma plus minimum of 1650 on SAT I *;
- satisfactory completion of the first year in a four-year undergraduate curriculum or the first year of a sub-degree programme of a recognised post-secondary institution;
- satisfactory completion of two years of full-time study in a post-Form Five institution, e.g. a technical institute; or
- other equivalent qualifications which the University will consider on a case-by-case basis.
- a minimum of Grade C in English in the GCE O-Level or GCSE Examination or an equivalent public examination; or
- a TOEFL score of 213 in the computer-based test, or 550 in the paper-based test, or 79 in the internet-based test; or
- an IELTS overall band score of 5.5.
The scholarship will be awarded to a student who has good academic standing and a good track record in community services. For candidates of comparable academic merits, preference will be given to the candidate with better proven records of community services.
Support for International Students
The University provides international students with comprehensive support including:
- Assistance in visa application upon admission
- Advices on pre-departure and on-campus/off-campus facilities
- Arrival pick-up on specific dates
- Accommodation at student hostels for the whole duration of study
- Comprehensive orientation programmes
- First Year Experience Programme
- Counselling Services
- Student Exchange Programmes to overseas & the Mainland
- Service-Learning Programmes
- Internship opportunities in Hong Kong and the Mainland
- Career Services
- IT support, e.g. WLAN mobile wireless access in hostel and campus to keep close contacts with family and friends
- 12 months' stay in Hong Kong after graduation
Scholarships of HK$120,000 each per academic year will be awarded to successful applicants, covering tuition fee, hostel and other academic and living expenses. Each scholarship is offered on an annual renewable basis and is tenable for a period of up to 3 years, subject to continued outstanding academic performance.
Method of Application
Please see the Admission Procedures webpage to complete the Online Application for Direct Admission and Application for Non-local Student Scholarships through the Online Application System on or before the deadline date below.
The scholarship application deadline date is 31st of March every year. However, Direct Admission and Non-local Student Scholarships are now inviting applications for a Late Application Deadline of 10 July 2013.
The application period for admission was closed. Online applications received after 31 March 2013 will be regarded as late applications. Late applicants have a lower chance of being admitted. No applications will be accepted after 10 July 2013.
Non-local applicants who enter Hong Kong for the purpose of education should make sure that they are eligible to apply for a student visa/entry permit** issued by the Director of Immigration of the HKSAR Government to stay in Hong Kong for the entire period of study at the University. The University will provide assistance as far as possible (see 'Support for International Students' below).
** (subject to confirmation of the HKSAR Government) including but not limited to holders of work visa, dependant visa, graduates under "Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates" (IANG), etc.
Open to International Students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application