Study Subjects: Economics
Study Level: Graduate (masters)
Study Provider: CUD
Scholarship can be taken at: Belgium
The objective of the programme is to train students in international and development economics and help them become qualified actors in the field of economic development and poverty reduction in the context of an integrated world economy.
Note: CUD -- Commission universitaire pour le Développement (University Commission for Development)
Conditions for admission
- A four year university degree in economics.
- A strong interest in development;
- A professional experience of at least 2 years in direct relation with one of the programme themes.
Any international student of any nationality
The programme is organised by the "Economics School of Louvain" whose partners are:
- the Departments of Economics of the University of Namur (Facultés Notre-Dame de la Paix) and
- the Departments of Economics of the Catholic University of Louvain (Louvain-la-Neuve).
Fields of study
The courses are structured around two main themes :
- Macroeconomic policies
- Economic development (including its institutional aspects)
Language of instruction : English
Number of awards
Eleven (11) scholarships will be awarded
One (1) academic year (starting date for the course: Septembre 16, 2013)
Graduates are taught to apply sound economic analysis that is well adapted to the social and political context of a specific developing country. At the end of their one-year stay, graduates will be able to analyze, design and implement realistic and innovative solutions in a developing country setting.
Method of Application
For more information about course, inquire from the Contact Person:
Mrs Pierrette NOEL
Rempart de la Vierge, 8
5000 Namur - Belgique
Tél: +32 81 72 48 23
Fax: +32 81 72 48 40
Study/Scholarship Application Deadline: Inquire from contact person
Scholarship Open to International students: Yes
More Information and Application