British Chevening Scholarships
Course(s) Offered: Several disciplines
Course Level: Graduate (masters, PhD)
Provider: British Government
Country to Study in: UK
Chevening Scholarships in Nigeria are for talented people who have been identified as potential future leaders, decision makers and opinion formers.
Do you have the potential to be a future leader and a desire to study in the UK? If you would like to enhance your leadership skills and become part of the growing Chevening network, please see the information below to apply.
Applications for the following 2015-2016 Chevening Scholarships in Nigeria are now open and will close on the deadline stated below: Chevening Scholarships AND Chevening / Commonwealth Broadcasting Association Scholarships.
There are no age restrictions for Chevening Scholarships. To qualify for a Chevening Scholarship, you must:
- demonstrate that you have achieved a minimum English language requirement (set out below) at the time that you submit your application
- be a citizen of Nigeria (a Chevening-eligible country) at the time of applying for the award, and intend to return there at the end of the period of study
- hold a degree that is equivalent to at least a good UK second-class honours degree. Further information on UK degree equivalency can be found from UK NARIC
- have completed at least two years' work or equivalent experience by 30 September 2014
Chevening Scholarships are for high-calibre graduates with the personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership. You will need to demonstrate that you:
- have the personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership in your home country
- are motivated to develop your career in order to establish a position of leadership in your own country within ten years of your Scholarship
- have a clear post-Scholarship plan, outlining your career objectives and how you plan to achieve them
- are committed to networking to find global solutions
- are committed to networking within the Chevening community, via online engagement and attending Chevening events in the UK and engaging with the alumni network in your home country
- are able to use your studies and experience in the UK to benefit yourself, your country and the UK
- are capable of successfully undertaking and completing your proposed course of study in the UK
Citizens of ALL Commonwealth countries; however, information on this page is for Nigerian applicants ONLY
Leading universities in the United Kingdom
Field(s) of Study
Chevening accepts applications from a wide range of subject areas, however they particularly welcome applicants with a background or academic interest in the following fields:
- Security, Counter Terrorism
- Prosperity – Business and key Government departments
- Administration / Governance
- Human Rights
A Chevening Scholarship award in Nigeria includes:
- a monthly stipend,
- travel to and from your country via an approved route,
- an arrival and excess baggage allowance,
- a thesis or dissertation grant,
- the cost of an entry clearance visa, and
- tuition fees (a global tuition fee cap of £13,000 will apply for MBA and Masters in Finance courses. If the tuition fees of your chosen university course exceed this amount, you will be required to fund the remainder of your tuition fees.).
- Read the guidance for applicants and the general information about applying for a Chevening Scholarship.
- Please note that there are new English language requirements for applicants and you MUST have a valid English language certificate BEFORE applying for a Chevening Scholarship. If you do not have an existing eligible test certificate you should book an English language test NOW.
- Applicants who have been awarded a Bachelor’s degree or higher in one of the following countries are exempt from submitting an English Language test:
Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, Singapore, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, the UK, and the United States of America.
Further details on how to apply for a Chevening Scholarship are available on the apply page.
It is very important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for detailed current information on how to apply.
The closing date for 2015/16 Chevening Scholarships in Nigeria is 15 November 2014.
The Chevening Scholarship Programme is a prestigious financial aid awards scheme that funds international postgraduate students who want to study in the UK for one academic year.
Chevening Scholarships not only offer financial support to study for a Master’s degree at the UK’s leading universities, but the opportunity to become part of an influential and highly regarded global network.
It aims to attract talented professionals who are potential future leaders, decision-makers and opinion formers.
Application Deadline: 15 November 2014
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: British Chevening Scholarships for ALL Commonwealth Countries