Clark merit scholarships
Course(s) Offered: Several
Course Level: Undergraduate
Provider: Clark University
Country to Study in: USA
If you are an international student applying to your first year of undergraduate study at Clark University, you could be eligible for merit scholarships offered by the University. Clark University offers the very prestigious Presidential LEEP Scholarship for undergraduate international students intending to study there.
Clark University’s Presidential LEEP Scholars Program is part of the University’s pioneering model of education, Liberal Education and Effective Practice (LEEP), which combines a robust liberal arts experience with authentic engagement in the world and workplace.
Applications are encouraged from eligible students applying for fall 2017 admissions.
You are an ideal candidate for the Presidential LEEP Scholarship if your high school record places you at the top of Clark University's applicant pool, and you demonstrate a strong desire to:
- Pursue a demanding academic schedule.
- Collaborate with peers and professors.
- Meet ambitious career and life goals.
- Join a community of scholars with a strong commitment to global change.
- Tackle complex challenges at home and abroad.
Your eligibility for scholarships depends on your academic achievement (those indicated on your application for admission), not on your family need.
The Admissions Committee chooses finalists based on the strength of their applications for admission and other criteria identified by the committee.
Citizens of ALL countries
Clark University, Massachusetts, USA
Fields of study
All available courses of study at the university
Number of awards
Not specified - several will be awarded
Covers the undergraduate study period - 4 years
Successful candidates will have the resources and opportunities to explore their interests in depth. Candidates take control of their education, connect with pioneers in their fields and develop skills to drive tomorrow’s innovations.
More specifically, successful candidates will receive these benefits:
- Free tuition, room and board for four years: the annual scholarship renewal would be contingent on candidate’s maintaining a strong academic record at Clark for each of their four years as an undergraduate.
- A free master’s degree, if applicable: If candidate’s interested — and candidate meets certain eligibility requirements for Clark’s Accelerated B.A./Master’s Degree Program — candidate can complete a master’s degree as a fifth-year student, completely tuition-free.
- A significant, funded research project: Before graduation, candidate completes a LEEP Project, demonstrating mastery of the five LEEP learning outcomes, including the ability to integrate skills and knowledge and to solve complex problems through creative thinking, collaboration and persistence. Candidates receive stipends to complete your LEEP Project.
- A circle of support: At Clark, candidate will be surrounded by people eager to help them apply their talents, including faculty, alumni, career advisers and business and community leaders. With the guidance and mentorship of experts, they design an ambitious academic track that includes interdisciplinary courses, internships, research projects and study abroad experiences.
- Transformative internship experiences: Candidate works in Communities of Effective Practice — multigenerational, interdisciplinary groups — on a particular task or topic, such as assisting in consultations with local entrepreneurs, helping analyze the results of a psychology study or collecting field-based data on climate change.
- A community that cares about the world: Clark graduates are known for changing the lives of others. Candidate collaborates with and be inspired by students, faculty, administrators, alumni and industry professionals who are as passionate as you are about creating a more just, equitable and sustainable world.
When you send in your course admissions application, you will be considered automatically for several merit scholarships. The Presidential LEEP Scholarship require separate applications; however, the most of the other merit scholarships do not.
If you are interested in the Presidential LEEP Scholarship, simply check that option when you fill out the Common Application (available after Aug. 1, 2016). You’ll then receive detailed information — including the topics of two short essays — on how to apply for the scholarship.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship
There are 4 deadlines to apply (for students applying to Clark for fall 2017). It is advisable to fill and submit all required documents at the early action deadline. The Early Action deadline is Nov. 1, 2016, the Early Decision deadline is Nov. 1, 2016 and the Regular Decision deadline is Jan. 15, 2017. The Essay deadline for both Early Decision and Regular Decision is Feb. 1, 2017.
Semi-finalists will be notified by the end of February, and finalist interviews will be conducted in March.
Clark University is an American private research university located in Worcester, Massachusetts, the second largest city in New England. It is adjacent to University Park and is an hour west of Boston. Founded in 1887 with a large endowment from its namesake Jonas Gilman Clark, a prominent businessman, Clark was one of the first modern research universities in the United States.
Application Deadline: 15 January 2017
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Top Scholarships in USA for International Students