Course(s) Offered: Arts, Sciences
Course Level: Undergraduate (bachelors)
Provider: AUC Scholarship Fund
Country to Study in: The Netherlands
Amsterdam University College, AUC, via its Scholarship Fund, awards the AUC Scholarship Fund scholarships (ASF scholarships) to both Dutch and international students wishing to enroll for a study program at AUC.
The ASF scholarships are of two types, either FULL or PARTIAL, which are awarded to both EU and non-EU students. Applications for ASF Scholarships are open to all prospective AUC students (Dutch and international).
In order to be eligible for an ASF Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements.
- You must apply separately for admission to AUC. Only AUC students can receive an ASF scholarship.
- You must have excellent school results and a strong motivation as reflected in your AUC admissions application and recommendation forms.
- The ASF Selection Committee will also look at your extracurricular accomplishments and activities relevant for AUC, as well as your (potential) leadership profile and skills.
- You must be able to demonstrate your financial need. In other words, that it will be not be possible for you to study at AUC without a scholarship.
ASF Scholarships will only be awarded to selected students who meet the following requirements. Students who fail to meet the following requirements cannot receive financial support.
- An ASF Scholarship awardee must be fully admitted to Amsterdam University College. The ASF Scholarship cannot be transferred to another academic year or another academic programme.
- An ASF Scholarship awardee must have satisfied all visa and residence permit requirements, if applicable.
- An ASF Scholarship awardee must have proven both merit and financial need.
- An ASF Scholarship awardee may not receive another full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the ASF Scholarship. AUC must be notified if the student has been awarded another full scholarship, and which scholarship the student has decided to accept.
ASF Scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit and financial need.
Citizens of ALL countries worldwide may apply (INCLUDING Dutch students)
Amsterdam University College (AUC), Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Fields of study
AUC is a full-time selective three-year honours programme in liberal arts and sciences at Bachelor level, taught in English, with a strong offer in the sciences and enrolling up to 50% science majors.
Scholarship is given to pursue any course offered in Amsterdam University College.
Number of awards
ASF Scholarship holders are expected to maintain good academic standing during their studies at AUC. The ASF Scholarship may be terminated if their GPA falls below 3.0 or if they enter a period of probation.
Students who receive an ASF Scholarship are evaluated after one year of study. The ASF Scholarship is awarded for another year if the student maintains certain clearly stated conditions. The same procedure is followed at the end of the second year. ASF Scholarships are not, in principle, extended beyond three years/six semesters.
The AUC Scholarship Fund (ASF) offers two levels of FULL ASF Scholarship:
- EU students: EUR 5100 per year
- Non-EU/International students: EUR 15300 per year
Note: "EU students" includes Dutch students, and refers to students who are eligible to pay the statutory tuition fee for AUC.
Method of Application
If you are eligible, you must complete the ASF Scholarship application form. Also, you must apply or have applied separately for admission into AUC.
Before starting to complete the ASF Scholarship application form, make sure you have all the information and documents ready. You will need:
- Your letter of motivation for the scholarship (explaining clearly why you think you deserve a scholarship, and why you are applying for one), in digital format ready to upload.
- Information on your financial situation, to prove your financial need. Documents need to be in digital format (scanned) ready to upload. This information will be kept strictly confidential.
The deadline for applications for an ASF Scholarship is 1 November 2015 for a spring semester (February) 2016 start.
Do not miss this deadline -- if you have not yet heard whether or not you will be admitted to AUC it does not matter, you have to submit your scholarship application on time.
ASF Scholarships are paid to the student in 12 monthly instalments. Students are responsible for paying their AUC tuition fee themselves, the Fund does not pay their tuition fee for them.
For general questions regarding AUC scholarships, please contact the AUC Scholarship Fund via the link below. No correspondence with the ASF Selection Committee or ASF Board about the scholarship selection will be accepted.
AUC is a joint initiative of the University of Amsterdam and VU University Amsterdam, two major European research universities, located in the global city of Amsterdam.
Application Deadline: 1 November 2015
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Top Scholarships in The Netherlands for International Students