Course(s) Offered: All available fields
Course Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate
Provider: Macquarie University
Country to Study in: Australia
The Macquarie University Australia through its Country Scholarships is offering the 2017/2018 Africa Scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate degree at the university.
Under the Country Scholarship: Africa scholarships, Macquarie University will provide a specific amount annually to each successful student commencing in either 2016 or 2017. Payment of the scholarship will be applied equally towards your tuition fee for each session for the duration of your studies.
As this scholarship is competitive, you are encouraged to accept your course and scholarship offers without delay to guarantee your eligibility to receive the scholarship.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of an African country.
- Have applied for undergraduate or postgraduate coursework through a registered Macquarie University agent or through our online application system.
- Have met the University’s academic and English requirements for the course offered at our North Ryde campus.
- Have enrolled and be ready to begin your course in 2017 (commencement may not be deferred).
- Commence study in the session and year indicated in your scholarship letter of offer. Commencement may not be deferred.
- Students who are on an English-packaged course are eligible for this scholarship if they commence their course in 2016 or 2017.
- You’re not eligible if you have received any other Macquarie University scholarship for this course of study.
- To remain eligible for this scholarship, you must stay enrolled in your original approved course of study and pass all units within the course.
Citizens of ANY African country
Macquarie University Australia
Fields of study
All undergraduate and postgraduate level courses offered at the university
Number of awards
Not specified by the sponsor
The scholarship is for full time, on-campus study only.
This is a Partial scholarship for Undergraduate and Masters study.
The university will provide AU$5000 annually towards your tuition fees for the length of the course (AU$2500 is credited against your tuition fees each semester).
Method of Application
You don’t need to apply directly to be considered for a Country Scholarship. Applicants who meet the criteria will be automatically advised of their eligibility in their Macquarie University course offer letter.
- Details on how to apply to Macquarie University for a coursework degree are available on the website. Visit the 'how to apply' section
- Applicants who meet the criteria will be automatically advised of their eligibility in their Macquarie University course offer letter sent via email.
Application Deadline for Session 1 intake (i.e. February) is 31 January 2017. While that for Session 2 intake (i.e. July) is 30 June 2017.
Macquarie University is an Australian public teaching and research university in Macquarie Park, New South Wales. Macquarie is ranked in the 201st-300th bracket and 8th-9th in Australia in the 2013 Academic Ranking of World Universities. Founded in 1964 by the New South Wales Government, it was the third university to be established in the metropolitan area of Sydney. The university comprises four faculties, and is the fourth largest University in Sydney. At present, the university offers 87 undergraduate courses and 124 different postgraduate courses to students.
Macquarie University also has the largest student exchange programme in Australia. The university is also ranked among the national top five recipients of relative research income.
Also affiliated with the university are several research centres, schools and institutes including the Macquarie Graduate School of Management, Australian Proteome Analysis Facility, the Institute of Human Cognition and Brain Science, the Macquarie University Research Park and the Macquarie University Hospital.
Macquarie University's linguistics department developed the Macquarie Dictionary, the copyright on which it still owns.
Application Deadline: 31 January / 30 June 2017
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in New Zealand & Australia for International Students