Course(s) Offered: Any field
Course Level: Undergraduate (bachelors degree)
Provider: University of Melbourne
Country to Study in: Australia
The University of Melbourne offers the International Undergraduate Scholarships for foreign undergraduate students wishing to study in Australia.
The International Undergraduate Scholarships were established by the University of Melbourne in recognition of the significant contribution made by international students to the diversity of the University’s student population.
Eligible undergraduate applicants are invited to apply for this scholarship award.
To be considered for a fee remission scholarship you must:
- be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand and not a permanent resident of Australia;
- have received an unconditional offer for an undergraduate course;
- have achieved excellent final year school results, such as:
- 4 A-grades in the GCE A Levels
- an ATAR of 99.9 in the Australian Year 12 program,
- overall 98% in an approved Foundation program
- an International Baccalaureate (IB) score of 44; and
- not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program);
International Undergraduate Fee Remission Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and allocated on a competitive basis subject to quotas by course and region.
Citizens of ALL countries (EXCEPT Australia and New Zealand)
University of Melbourne, Australia
Fields of study
Any undergraduate degree offered at the University of Melbourne
Number of awards
Usually 50 award scholarships are offered per annum under this program
Duration depend on the type of scholarship awarded, ranging from awards that cover only the first year to awards that cover the whole duration of undergraduate degree programs. See 'Scholarship benefits' below for more.
The International Undergraduate scholarship provides one of the following benefits:
- a one off $10,000 fee remission from tuition fees in the first year of an undergraduate degree; or
- a 50% remission from tuition fees for the normal full-time duration of an undergraduate degree; or
- a 100% remission from tuition fees for the normal full-time duration of an undergraduate degree.
You do not need to submit an application for this scholarship. All eligible students who have received an unconditional offer for admission to an undergraduate degree will automatically be considered.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on the application procedure and also to access the application form.
There are five selection rounds with a designated number of scholarships available for each round: November, December and January for student commencing in Semester 1 or 2; AND April and May for students commencing in Semester 2.
Successful candidates will be notified via email within two weeks of the selection round being held.
The University of Melbourne (informally Melbourne University or simply Melbourne) is an Australian public research university located in Melbourne, Victoria. Founded in 1853, it is Australia's second oldest university and the oldest in Victoria.
Times Higher Education ranks Melbourne as 34th in the world, while the QS World University Rankings places Melbourne 33rd in the world. According to QS World University Subject Rankings 2015, the University of Melbourne is ranked 5th in the world for Education, 8th in Law, 13th in Computer Science & IT, 13th in Arts and Humanities, 14th in Dentistry and 18th in Medicine.
Application Deadline: Rolling (1 Dec 2016 || 1 Jan / 1 Apr / 1 May 2017)
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: List of Scholarships in Austalia for International Students