Course(s) Offered: Peace education, Conflict transformation
Course Level: Graduate (certificate, masters)
Provider: El-Hibri Foundation
Country to Study in: USA
The El-Hibri Foundation offers peace education scholarships to graduate students with demonstrated commitment to the field of peace education and conflict transformation.
El-Hibri Foundation peace education scholarships will be awarded in 2015 to both USA and non-USA students.
Scholarship applicants must:
- Be either U.S. or non- U.S. citizens
- Be enrolled in the first year of a graduate degree or certificate program relevant to peace education or conflict transformation in an American university. Eligible university degree or certificate programs consist of a minimum of four graduate courses that the student must complete in order to earn a degree or certificate. Students applying for a scholarship may be cross-registered at another university;
- Have graduated in the last two years with an undergraduate degree;
- Have a prior academic track record of high achievement, including a minimum 3.5 GPA earned from an undergraduate degree;
- Demonstrate financial need (such as proof of seeking an academic loan);
- Apply the scholarship toward the cost of tuition and books;
- Submit their application on or before the September 4th, 2015 deadline.
The student must demonstrate financial need.
The El-Hibri Foundation will form a selection committee comprised of staff and peace education experts to review the applications and select awardees.
Citizens of ALL countries
Any American university or institution of higher higher learning
Fields of study
Graduate degree or certificate level studies in the field of peace education and conflict transformation.
Peace Education encompasses a range of activities undertaken in a variety of settings designed to build peaceful communities. The settings may be in a formal school settings or in informal (non-school) community settings.
Number of awards
For the 2015/16 session, three (3) scholarships will be awarded
This is a one-time financial aid
Each scholarship is valued at $5,000. These scholarships apply towards the cost of tuition and books.
Method of Application
Applications must be completed online at the official El-Hibri Foundation website.
Please complete the online application form and upload the required documents before the September 4th, 2015 deadline. Only applications submitted through the online form will be accepted.
It is important to visit the official webite (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship.
The scholarship application form link will be available on the official website as from March 16th to September 4th, 2015.
All applications end September 4th, 2015.
Successful applicants will be informed of the outcome by no later than October 15, 2015.
If you have any questions about the requirements or selection process please email email@example.com.
Application Deadline: 4 September 2015
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in the USA for International Students