Course(s) Offered: Several fields
Course Level: Graduate (taught masters, online masters)
Provider: University of Manchester
Country to Study in: UK
The University of Manchester offers the Equity and Merit International Scholarships in a wide range of course subjects for masters students from the world's poorest regions.
The Equity and Merit Scholarships for international master’s students aim to assist talented but economically disadvantaged students from some of the world’s poorest countries. It is now in its tenth year and targets Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Bangladesh.
For the current academic year call, the Equity and Merit Scholarships are currently available for students from Bangladesh, Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania. There are two types of scholarship on offer: full-time CAMPUS-BASED postgraduate taught masters, and masters by DISTANCE LEARNING.
The master’s scholarships are aimed at academically excellent, young professionals with at least two years’ post-graduation work experience.
- be a resident citizen of the eligible countries and have not previously studied abroad;
- hold a first or upper second class undergraduate degree;
- have a minimum of two years’ relevant work experience;
- be committed to returning home and able to demonstrate his/her potential to make a positive impact on the future of his/her country
- have a minimum overall IELTS score of 6.5. However, please be aware that some courses require a score of 7.0 for Bangladesh. Have achieved a grade C in English Language at Tanzania Certificate of Secondary Education level; or, have a minimum IELTS result of 6.5 for Tanzania. have achieved a grade 4 or above in English Language at Ugandan Certificate of Education level; or, have a minimum IELTS Result of 6.5 for Uganda.
Citizens of Bangladesh, Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
The University of Manchester, Oxford Rd, Manchester, United Kingdom
Fields of study
Scholarships are available in a wide range of subjects including Engineering, Environment, Education, Medical and Life Sciences, Law and Textiles.
Scholarships are not available for business and finance courses.
Number of awards
Up to 16 full-time campus-based postgraduate taught master’s students and up to 10 master’s by distance learning for academically excellent young professionals
It is offered for whole duration of the program.
The scholarships cover full tuition fees, return international air fares and living expenses.
Method of Application
The mode of applying is online.
It is not necessary to have an offer of admission to apply for the scholarship. Please do not apply online for academic admission.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on this award; and also check out the latest updates and announcements on the official Equity and Merit Facebook page.
The application deadline is 14 March 2015 for Bangladesh and 20 March 2015 for Uganda and Tanzania.
The University of Manchester (UoM) is a large research university situated in the city of Manchester, England.
Manchester University, as it is commonly known, is a public university formed in 2004 by the merger of the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (established 1824) and the Victoria University of Manchester (established 1851).
Application Deadline: 14 /20 March 2015
Open to International Applicants: No (ONLY selected countries)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: List of Masters Scholarships for International Students