Course(s) Offered: Health Sciences
Course Level: Undergraduate
Provider: The MasterCard Foundation
Country to Study in: Lebanon
The MasterCard Foundation Scholarships at American University of Beirut (AUB) are Undergraduate Scholarships for students pursuing B.Sc degree in Environmental Health or Medical Laboratory Sciences 2015/2016.
The American University of Beirut (AUB) and The MasterCard Foundation have partnered to provide scholarships to students at the Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS).
This $9 million scholarship program will enable young adults who are sensitive to their communities’ concerns and proactive in their environment to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health or Medical Laboratory Sciences at AUB.
The program is open to Lebanese and non-Lebanese students residing in Lebanon who fulfill the following criteria:
- Attend public schools or attend private schools on financial aid scholarships
- Show good academic standing in the first and second secondary classes
- Demonstrate high financial need
- Exhibit interest in environmental health and medical laboratory sciences
- Exhibit interest in social and public health issues and community service
- Score a minimum of 12/20 on the Lebanese Baccalaureate official exam
Selected students are expected to sit for the EEE exam and the SAT exam at a date recommended by the selection committee
Citizens of ALL countries (but must reside in Lebanon)
The American University of Beirut (AUB), Lebanon
(and The MasterCard Foundation)
Fields of study
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at AUB is restricted to the two undergraduate programs at the Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS):
- Environmental Health or
- Medical Laboratory Sciences
Scholarships will cover the whole period of study
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars will be offered:
- Full tuition scholarships
- Books and computer
- Living expenses
- Medical insurance
- Intensive preparatory courses and SAT courses (as needed)
- Close supervision and academic support
- Community engagement opportunities
A give-back component is incorporated into the program, which allows students to contribute to their communities through several volunteer projects and activities.
Method of Application
Interested candidates must fill out an application form and present it with the documents listed below in person to the AUB Office of Admissions.
Additional documents related to the applicant:
- Copy of identity card or passport
- Two recent passport size photos
- Official and sealed copy of first and second secondary classes school grades
- Proof of previous scholarship or financial aid if applicable
- Certified copy of Official Lebanese Baccalaureate Certificate when available
- Family civil status record issued within the previous 3 months
- Employment records (father’s and mother’s income statement)
- For each dependent child enrolled at school or university; recent school certificate of registration showing annual tuition fees
- Car registration form for each car owned
- Proof of home ownership
- Proof of land ownership
The deadline for Undergraduate Early Admission (Freshman/Sophomore) for Fall 2015-2016 is November 30, 2014. The deadline for Undergraduate Regular Admission (Freshman/Sophomore) for Fall 2015-2016 is December 20, 2014 (see Office of Admissions). The Scholarship application deadline is Friday April 17, 2015.
For further inquiries, please contact the school.
Formerly called Syria Protestant College (1866-1920), the American University of Beirut (AUB) is a private, secular and independent university in Beirut, Lebanon. Established in 1866, AUB has, for 150 years, served as one of the region’s premier higher education institutions. Degrees awarded at the AUB are officially registered with the New York Board of Regents.
The university is ranked as the number one university in Lebanon and among the top 1250 universities in the world by the QS World University Rankings.
Application Deadline: 17 April 2015
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in the Middle East for International Students