Course(s) Offered: All (except Health)
Course Level: Undergraduate, Graduate (masters, phd)
Provider: King Saud University
Country to Study in: Saudi Arabia
King Saud University grants scholarship programmes to non-Saudi students (males or females) who have been offered admission at the University. The University grants a number of scholarships for non-Saudis in all disciplines except the colleges of health.
The scholarships grants are divided into two parts: (1). Internal Scholarship Grants for students regularly residing in the kingdom; and (2). External Scholarship Grants for students from outside the Kingdom.
The applicant should enroll in a full-time study.
The applicant is required to have obtained a minimum GPA of ''Very Good'' at the previous stage. The student should also have a score of at least 500 in the TOEFL.
The Unified Law also stipulates the following for non-Saudi students;
- The applicant’s should not be less than 17 years old and not more than 25 years for undergraduate study and The Arabic Language Institute of or equivalent, and not more than 30 years for the master’s degree and not more than 35 years for the Ph.D. degree; the council of the educational institution is entitled to exempting students from such conditions.
- To obtain an approval of the government of the student’s country to study in the Kingdom; this applies to countries which require the same approval from Saudi students.
- The student should not have received a scholarship from one of the educational institutions in the Kingdom.
- To attest all certificates and documents by the competent authorities as determined by the educational institution.
- To bring a no criminal record certificate from his country’s security apparatus.
- The student should not have been dismissed by any educational institution in the Kingdom.
- The female student should be accompanied by a mahram (a male legal guard) according to the Regulations; this mahram should have a scholarship, have a regular residence permit (Iqama) or be employed by a Saudi employer in need of his services.
- To pass the medical examination determined by rules and regulations.
- The institution is entitled to asking the student to submit recommendations by bodies, institutions, or persons as determined by the institution.
Citizens of ANY country may apply
King Saud University; Riyadh; Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Fields of study
Full-time study at Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral level in ALL disciplines (except the colleges of health)
Number of awards
Not specified by the university
The grant is for the duration of each programme
The scholarship may be partial, totally free or paid, according to the rules identified by the Board of the educational institution and are consistent with the regulations.
The applicant will have to work for 10 hours per week in support of his department (teaching, research, etc); the student may work more than 10 hours per week according to a reward already identified to students operating at the university.
Method of Application
The student can apply annually during the first five weeks of the first semester of the academic year preceding the year of application. Application should be submitted via the electronic portal, accompanied by all required documents (certificate, academic record, CV, etc). Applicant can know whether or not he is accepted through the same portal.
Admitted students commence study at the first semester of each year. It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship.
The application period extends from two to three weeks during the first five weeks of the first academic semester (October of each year) of the academic year preceding the year of application, as admission procedures almost take 3-4 months, in addition to one or two months to complete the procedures of the Ministry of Higher Education.
The Deanship is keen on announcing admission results well prior to the start of the academic year so as to complete the procedures required for entering students into the Kingdom.
King Saud University is a public university in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, founded in 1957 by King Saud bin Abdulaziz as Riyadh University, as the first university in the kingdom not dedicated to religious subjects. The university was created to meet the shortage of skilled workers in Saudi Arabia. It was renamed to King Saud University in 1982.
The university offers courses in the natural sciences, the humanities, and professional studies, for which it charges no tuition. The medium of instruction in undergraduate programs is English except for Arabic and Islamic subjects.
Application Deadline: Late October - Early November 2014
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in Saudi Arabia for International Students