Course(s) Offered: All topics
Course Level: Graduate (fellowship)
Provider: Atlas Corps Network
Country to Study in: USA, Colombia
Are you a nonprofit leader? The Atlas Corps Fellowship could be the opportunity for you. This programme is a 12-18 month professional fellowship offered three times a year for nonprofit leaders from around the world.
Atlas Corps, an overseas fellowship for the world’s best nonprofit leaders, has as its core mission to address critical social issues by developing leaders, strengthening organizations, and promoting innovation through an overseas fellowship of skilled nonprofit professionals.
The Atlas Corps Fellowship typically lasts 12-18 months. (For those serving in the United States, opportunities start in January, May, September.) Apply today to Become an Atlas Corps Fellow in the US or Colombia!
You can apply to become a Fellow if you meet the following minimum requirements:
- Two or more years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- English proficiency (oral, writing, reading)
- Age 35 or younger
- Apply to serve in a country other than where you are from (U.S. citizens are not eligible for the U.S. Fellowship – check out the Fellowship in Colombia!)
- Commitment to return to your home country after the 12-18 month Fellowship
- Commitment to living on a basic stipend that only covers food, shared housing, and local transportation
Citizens of ALL countries
Fellows serve full-time at Host Organizations located either in the United States or Latin America
Fields of study
While serving at Host Organizations, fellows work on issues that complement their expertise. Thus, fellows develop their leadership skills while sharing best practices and supplement daily knowledge with theoretical topics presented in the Atlas Corps Nonprofit Management Series.
The U.S. Fellowship begins in January, May, and September, while the Latin American Fellowship begins in March and September. Each Fellowship begins with a one-week orientation program, followed by 50 weeks at Host Organizations. Fellows return to their home countries immediately after the program ends.
Number of awards
The Fellowship lasts 6-18 months and is offered three times a year
Fellows serve full-time at Host Organizations, develop leadership skills, and learn nonprofit best practices through the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab professional development series and networking opportunities with other Fellows who are skilled nonprofit professionals from around the world.
The prestigious fellowship includes:
- health insurance,
- enrollment in Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab,
- flight and visa costs, and
- a living stipend to cover basic expenses (food, local transportation, and shared housing).
Method of Application
Atlas Corps Network consider applications on a rolling basis. You are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to be considered for Host Organization placements, which begin in January, May, or September. The application is a multi-step process:
- Online Application - Part 1: You will need to create a login and you can save your responses so you can return to the application at any time.
- Online Application - Part 2 (by invitation only): Atlas Corps will review Part 1 applications and invite eligible candidates to complete Part 2 of the application (known as the “long form”).
- Atlas Corps Review Process (by invitation only): Atlas Corps will review Part 2 applications and select top candidates to interview via Skype with the Atlas Corps Selection Board.
- Host Organization Review Process (by invitation only): Candidates who pass the Atlas Corps interview stage will be designated as Semi-Finalists.
- Selection and Visa Process.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete details on how to apply for this award. Atlas Corps receives hundreds of applications each month, so each of the steps listed above may take approximately 1-3 months.
Atlas Corps considers applications on a rolling basis for classes that begin in January, May, and September. You are encouraged to apply by July 15 to be considered for the January class, apply by November 8 to be considered for the May class, and apply by March 22 to be considered for the September class.
"Priority Deadline" for applications to the Latin America fellowship is by April 30 and by October 30.
Applications are accepted year-round, but earlier applications tend to be more successful. When you apply, you should indicate for which class(es) you are applying.
Atlas Corps is an international network of nonprofit leaders and organizations that promotes innovation, cooperation, and solutions to address the world’s 21st century challenges. Atlas Corps engages leaders committed to the nonprofit sector in 12 to 18 months, professional fellowships at organizations to learn best practices, build organizational capacity, and return home to create a network of global changemakers.
Application Deadline: Rolling (see DEADLINES above)
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application(USA fellowship)
More Scholarship Information and Application(Latin America fellowship)
Related: List of Scholarships in USA for ALL Applicants