Course(s) Offered: All fields
Course Level: Masters (not MBA)
Provider: University of Bradford
Country to Study in: UK
The University of Bradford offers the University of Bradford Global Development Scholarship (formerly called the Countries in Crisis Scholarship) for International Students for the 2016/2017 academic session.
These scholarships are to aid students in financial hardship due to the fact that they are domiciled in a country that is in crisis as a result of the political situation, war, natural disaster etc.
Applications for the Bradford Global Development Scholarship are invited from suitably qualified candidates by the University for the 2016/2017 academic session.
The scholarship is available for full time Masters programmes (not MBA) based at the University of Bradford. Students must be self funded.
You no longer need to have secured an offer to study at Bradford before you apply for this scholarship.
If you cannot come to Bradford without the full scholarship to cover your fees and living expenses then please apply for the scholarship before applying for a place.
Minimum entry requirements:
However, you still must meet the minimum entry requirements (both academic and English Language) to be considered.
Who can apply?
- Students from the list of countries (as shown on the official website) are invited to apply for these scholarships. However in extreme circumstances applications from students from other countries will be considered by the panel. Students from Pakistan will be considered under the Bestway Foundation Scholarship Scheme.
- To be considered for a place on the university's Master's courses you will need to have achieved (or be about to achieve) the minimum level of degree qualification specified for your country (see list below).
- You will also need to meet the university's English Language requirements.
Citizens of the 'List of Countries' in crisis as listed on the official website.
The University of Bradford (or, Bradford University), Bradford, West Yorkshire, England
Fields of study
All masters level courses of study in the university:
- Engineering & Informatics
- Computing, Informatics and Media
- Engineering, Design and Technology
- Health Studies
- Life Sciences
- Social and International Studies
There will be five Bestway Foundation Scholarships for students from Pakistan.
There will be a further two scholarships available for students from the other countries.
Awards will cover the full duration of your program at Bradford
Full tuition fees and accommodation in The Green will be covered plus £4,200 per annum living costs to be paid in three instalments – October, January and April.
Each scholarship is worth approximately £25,000.
Method of Application
Please apply for the scholarship before applying for a place on a course if you will be reliant upon the scholarship to cover your fees and living expenses.
Complete the web form found on the official website (link to it is below). If you have already received an offer to study with Bradford University please make sure you include your University of Bradford number on the web form.
Tips for a successful application from the scholarship panel:
- You must explain how the situation in your country has affected you personally. Don't just describe the situation in your country.
- Please write as full and detailed a statement as possible. Remember that the Scholarship panel will only have your form by which to judge your application so try to put as much relevant information in there as possible. We may request evidence from you at a later date if your application is short listed.
- Don't focus on your academic qualifications unless it is relevant to your application.
- The Web form will be available on the 18 April 2016 and onwards.
- All parts of the form must be completed - if you don't then your application will not be considered.
The web application form will be available on the official website from the 18 April 2016; and completed forms must be received by Friday 13 May 2016. All applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is Friday 13 May 2016 @ 23:59 GMT. The form will be removed after the closing date and late applications will not be considered.
The Scholarship panel will consider your application in June. You will be informed of the decision early July.
If you are successful you will be asked to submit an application to the university and provide proof of your qualifications and level of English Language, plus an academic reference. You will then need to secure a Visa to study here at Bradford. We will be able to guide you through this process.
The University of Bradford (informally Bradford University) is a public, plate glass university located in the city of Bradford, West Yorkshire, England.
The University offers a wide range of financial help to assist you on your university journey, and invests over £3m annually in the Access Agreement and the National Scholarship Programme to support students from all backgrounds.
Every year the university awards numerous non-repayable scholarships to UK, EU and international students on the basis of academic excellence, personal circumstances or economic hardship. Some of their scholarships are also linked to studies in a specific subject area.
You can apply for more than one type of scholarship but you can only be granted one award.
Application Deadline: 13 May 2016
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: List of Scholarships in the UK for International Students