Course(s) Offered: All fields
Course Level: Graduate (masters)
Provider: University of Bradford
Country to Study in: UK
UPDATE: The University of Bradford Countries in Crisis Scholarships has since been changed to the University of Bradford Global Development Scholarship. Please read and apply to it here.
The University of Bradford offers the University of Bradford Countries in Crisis Scholarships for international students from developing countries experiencing crisis in 2013.
The scholarship awards are intended to aid students from developing countries in financial hardship due to the fact that they are domiciled in a country that is in crisis as a result of the political situation, war, natural disaster etc in 2013.
To be eligible:
- Students must be enrolled in a full-time Master’s programme (not MBA) and be self-funded
- Students must be studying based at the University of Bradford i.e. distance learning students are not eligible to apply.
- Must be a student from one of the countries listed below
Eligible Countries include:
- Africa: Angola, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Guinea, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Other countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Colombia, Georgia, Haiti, Honduras, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Lebanon, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Occupied Palestinian Territory, Pakistan, Russia (North Caucasus), Sri Lanka, Syrian Arab Republic, United Republic of Timor-Leste
University of Bradford, United Kingdom
Fields of study
All full-time graduate master’s programme (except MBA) offered at University of Bradford
Number of awards
Not specified by the provider, however, several will be given
This is a full award, and therefore will be offered for the whole duration of the graduate programme
Full tuition fees and accommodation in The Green will be covered plus £3,500 per annum living costs to be paid in three instalments – October, January and April. Each scholarship is worth approximately £20,000
Method of Application
Note that you must have been offered a place of study at the University of Bradford first before you can apply. Please do not apply for this scholarship until you’ve been offered a place to study at the University. Only admitted students are eligible for the scholarships.
To apply, you need to provide a copy of your offer letter, in addition to your scholarship application. Fill in the application form, save it and send it by email to: email@example.com.
Or you can print it off and fill it in by hand, and send it to Scholarships, The Hub – whichever suits you best.
For detailed information on this scholarship application procedures, and other essential details, it is important to visit the official website (link to it is below).
All completed forms must be received by Monday 10 June 2013 - applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Tips for a successful application from the Scholarship panel:
- You must explain how the situation in your country has affected you personally. Don’t just describe the situation in your country.
- Please do not send a CV but include any evidence you have to support your personal statement. The school may request evidence from you at a later date if your application is short listed.
- Don’t focus on your academic qualifications unless it is relevant to your application.
- The Scholarship is for a substantial amount of funding so it is expected to see students giving time and consideration to their application and providing detailed information about their situation.
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application