Course(s) Offered: Finance, Business
Course Level: Graduate (skills training)
Provider: Nigerian Stock Exchange
Country to Study in: Nigeria (any city)
The Nigerian Stock Exchange Graduate Trainee Programme (GTP) is a 12 month programme geared towards building global talents locally, and raising a new generation of leaders for the capital market and Nigeria's economy.
The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) is recruiting to fill the position of Graduate Trainee Programme (GTP).
Attributes the NSE GTP Graduate shall possess include:
(1). Technical Business Attributes
- Shall possess a sound knowledge of the Nigerian Economy
- Shall have the knowledge of relevant Financial Literacy themes and their application to include:
- Financial Planning.
- Financial Analysis.
- Business Analysis.
- Investment Analysis.
- Data gathering and Analysis.
- Shall have experience in at least one of the following: Finance, Human Resources, Strategy, Internal Audit or Corporate Communications.
- Shall be proficient in the Use of Microsoft Office Tools.
An NSE GTP Graduate shall understand the operations of the capital Markets to include:
- The Regulatory framework.
- The Products of The Market.
- The Technology that drives the market.
- The relationship between the capital market and the Nigerian Economy
- The place of the Nigerian economy in the globe - strength, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Shall possess a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Shall have excellent communication skills such as speaking, writing and listening.
- Shall be a high potential employee.
- Shall be able to match any world-class management trainee from any part of the world.
- Shall possess high morals, high ethical standards, strong personal values and a perfect alignment to the values of the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
- Graduates from Nigerian and foreign Universities.
- Bachelor's Degree in any discipline Minimum of Second Class Upper Division (2.1).
- Completion of NYSC not earlier than November, 2013.
- Maximum age of 24 years by 31st December, 2014.
Citizens of Nigeria ONLY
The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
This is a 12 month programme
This programme primarily is designed to build the talent pool at the NSE ("our future leaders") as well as to address the skills gap in the capital market and the Nigerian economy at large, as a secondary objective.
Objective of the Graduate Trainee Programme:
- To build global talents locally, and raise a new generation of leaders for the capital market and the Nigerian economy.
- Joining the NSE Graduate Trainee Programme is a great way to progress within our business and fast track your career.
- The NSE Graduate Trainee is expected to be a logical thinker, proactive, have a great attitude and be tenacious, energetic and hardworking.
- The NSE Graduate shall be a team leader who sees him/herself leading the growth of the capital market in Nigeria, Sub-Saharan Africa and Africa at large.
The application process requires you to register. Please remember your login details; it will be required to apply for a particular vacancy.
If you forget your password, use the service provided to retrieve it. An E-mail will be sent to your E-mail address.
To apply for the vacancies, follow the link provided. You will be prompted to input your ID and password to apply for your chosen vacancy.
Application process also allows you to update and amend CV information at any time. To update and amend your CV, follow the link provided. You require your ID and password.
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to start application.
The application for the NSE GTP programme closes on the 5th March, 2014.
The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) is the equity and debt exchange for Nigeria's leading organizations. In existence since 1960, and with annual volumes of up to 4 billion security transactions, the NSE is transforming to increase the depth of Nigeria's capital market and improve access to liquidity for listed organizations.
The NSE's Automated Trading System (ATS) has facility for remote trading and surveillance. Consequently, many dealing members trade online from their offices in Lagos and from all the thirteen branches across Nigeria. The Exchange is in the process of establishing more branches for online real time trading.
Application Deadline: 5 March 2014
Open to International Applicants: No
More Programme Information and Application
Related: World's Top University Scholarships for Developing Countries