Course(s) Offered: All fields
Course Level: Graduate (masters, phd)
Provider: African Union Commission
Country to Study in: Africa
The Pan African University (PAU), the Premier continental University network whose mission is to provide wholesome postgraduate education, invites young qualified, talented and enterprising applicants from African Countries and the Diaspora to apply to join Masters’ or PhD degree programmes in ANY of the PAU Institutes listed below.
Candidates with potential, motivation and desire to play transformative leadership roles as academics, professionals, industrialists, innovators and entrepreneurs are particularly encouraged to apply.
Scholarship awardees should be committed to working in Africa after graduation.
Admission Requirements for Masters’ Programmes:
Candidates must satisfy the following conditions:
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field.
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts (from university and high school), National I.D. card and passport personal details page.
- Clear colored passport size photograph (2cmx2cm)
- Not older than 30 years for male and 35 years for female applicants.
- Candidates may be required to undergo a written/oral examination after preselection.
- Candidates for the Master in Conference Interpreting and Translation programmes are required to have excellent knowledge of at least two of the African Union’s official languages (Arabic, English, French and Portuguese).
Candidates must satisfy the following conditions:
- A masters degree in a relevant field from PAU or any internationally recognized university
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts, national I.D. card and passport personal details page.
- Clear coloured passport size photograph (2cmx2cm).
- Not older than 35 years for male and 40 years for female applicants.
Citizens of ANY African country
(both those in their home countries and those in the diaspora)
The four (4) PAU Institutes are:
- Pan African University Institute for Basic Sciences, Technology and Innovation (PAUSTI) at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT), Juja, Kenya.
- Pan African University Institute for Life and Earth Sciences including Health and Agriculture (PAULESI) at the University of Ibadan (UI), Ibadan, Nigeria.
- Pan African University Institute for Governance, Humanities and Social Sciences (PAUGHSS) at the University of Yaounde II, Soa, Cameroon.
- Pan African University Institute for Water and Energy Sciences (including climate change) (PAUWES) at the University of Tlemcen, Algeria.
Postgraduate masters and PhD level courses in several fields of endeavor
Number of awards
Not specified by providers/sponsors
Successful applicants will have a FULL scholarship to cover the whole duration of their study and training
The Commission of the African Union will offer FULL scholarships to the successful African candidates.
Reasons to join PAU:
- Excellent programmes taught by world class faculty;
- A broad network of academic and professional partners on the continent and beyond;
- Attractive scholarship scheme;
- Joint degree awards from the Pan African University and its Host Universities;
- Excellent career prospects in some of the fastest growing industries, with relevant career guidance; and
- Vibrant, multi-cultural and Pan African learning and research environments
You must be eligible to apply (see 'Eligibility' above). The Application Procedure has been listed out below:
- Applications should be completed online at www.pau-au.org/apply; OR
- Application forms can be downloaded at the following address: www.pau-au.org/call
- Hard copies of completed application forms should be sent by courier to the relevant institute addresses below:
Address for PAUISTI:
The Director, PAU Institute for Basic Sciences, Technology and Innovation
Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
P.O. Box 62000 00200
Address for PAULESI:
The Director, PAU Institute for Life and Earth Sciences (including Health and Agriculture)
University of Ibadan
Address for PAUGHSS:
The Director, PAU Institute for Governance, Humanities and Social Sciences
University of Yaounde II, Soa
P.O.Box 18, Soa
Address for PAUWES:
The Director, PAU Institute for Water and Energy (including climate change)
c/o Abou Bekr Belkaid
University of Tlemcen
B.P. 119, 13000
Application started on Friday, February 5, 2016 (at 16:00) and run till Sunday, March 20, 2016 (at 23:45). Closing date for receipt of applications with all supporting documents is 20th March 2016
Applications received after the deadline above shall NOT be considered.
The Pan African University (PAU) is an initiative of the African Heads of State and Government of the African Union. It is a Premier continental University network whose mission is to provide wholesome postgraduate education geared towards the achievement of a prosperous, integrated and peaceful Africa.
Application Deadline: 20 March 2016
Open to International students: No (ONLY Africans)
More Scholarship Information and Application(2016/2017 Call)
More Scholarship Information and Application(2014/2015 Call)
Related: Top Scholarships in Canada for International Students