Course(s) Offered: Selected fields
Course Level: Graduate (MSc)
Provider: Government of Hungary
Country to Study in: Hungary
The Hungarian Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), on behalf of the Government of Hungary, has established a Fellowships programme for Master of Science (MSc) degrees.
The Programme target students originating from and residing in the selected eligible countries listed below. And it will cover tuition, books, and subsistence costs for the entire duration of the course.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Citizenship and residency of one of the eligible countries
- Excellent school achievements
- Good health
- English language proficiency (for courses taught in English)
- Age (candidates under 30 are preferred)
Residents (who must be nationals) of the following countries are eligible to apply to the Scholarship Programme:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Chad, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Macedonia, Mali, Myanmar, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Nigeria, North-Korea, the Philippines, Serbia, Somalia, South-Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
All accredited institutions of higher learning in Hungary
Fields of study
For the 2014-15 academic year, the following courses will be offered in English language:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Rural development and agribusiness
Number of awards
Not specified by sponsor/provider
Awards are for the entire duration of the course programmes
The scholarship will cover:
- application and tuition fees throughout the study period;
- basic books and notes;
- dormitory accommodation
- subsistence costs
The scholarship covers student costs only; relatives of the candidate are not supported within the frame of this programme.
Method of Application
Note that you may apply only by E-MAIL. Also note that all required documentation must be in English.
Interested applicants should prepare a dossier to be sent by E-MAIL consisting of:
- Application form duly completed - make sure you specify at the top which course you are applying to
- A recent curriculum vitae
- A copy of high school/college diploma and transcript/report of study or copy of the diploma attachment
- A copy of certificate of proficiency in English
- Copies of relevant pages of passport showing expiration date and passport number
- A letter of recommendation
- Statement of motivation
- Health Certificate issued by Medical Doctor
- Certificate of Good Conduct
You may download the 2014 Fellowship Application Form(pdf).
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) to download the most current "Fellowship Programme course description and general conditions" and the "Fellowship Application Form"; AND also to access detailed information on the application procedure.
The deadline by which applications and COMPLETE DOSSIERS must be sent by E-MAIL ONLY to FAO is 28 February 2014.
The application form and all supporting documents must be received before the above deadline date.
Please note that incomplete dossiers will not be considered nor will applications sent by Post or Courier.
Please NAME your files so as to identify content, for example: Bill_of_Health.jpg, etc.
Do not send .RAR files. Send JPG or PDF files only.
The descriptions for each of the English-language courses, and application instructions should be downloaded from the official website.
Application Deadline: 28 February 2014
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in Hungary for International Students