Course(s) Offered: All disciplines
Course Level: HND, Undergraduate, Masters, Masters by research, PhD
Provider: Government of Brunei
Country to Study in: Brunei
The Government of Brunei Darussalam is offering annual scholarships, under a special scholarship scheme, for foreign students to study at University of Brunei Darussalam [UBD], Islam Sultan Sharif Ali university [UNISSA] and Brunei Institute of Technology [ITB] in Brunei.
The Government of Brunei now calls on all foreign students (from outside Brunei) in all academic disciplines to apply for its Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarships. These scholarship call is for the academic session 2016/17. Application should be submitted till 9th January 2016.
- Applicants must be citizens of ASEAN, OIC, Commonwealth Member Countries and others are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-25 for undergraduate programs and not exceeding the age of 35 for postgraduate programmes on the 31st of July 2016
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Permanent Residents and foreigners residing in Brunei Darussalam
Citizens of ASEAN, OIC, Commonwealth Member Countries and other countries
The participating institutions are
- University of Brunei Darussalam [UBD], Brunei.
- Islam Sultan Sharif Ali university [UNISSA], Brunei.
- Brunei Institute of Technology [ITB], Brunei.
Course programs in various disciplines at HND (Higher National Diploma) level, undergraduate level, master’s level, master’s by research level and doctoral level.
The scholarship award is normally tenable for the minimum period required to obtain the specific degree which is four years for a first degree with honours, one to two years for a master’s degree, three years for a doctoral degree at UBD, UNISSA and ITB, two and a half years for HND at ITB, three years for diploma of health sciences at UBD, all on a full time basis.
The scholars are exempted from paying the tuition fees and other appropriate compulsory fees determined by the university for the duration of the programme.
One return economy class air-ticket for the most economically viable route to Brunei Darussalam will be determined by the Brunei Darussalam Government. No additional assistance will be provided towards other travel expenses.
Allowances payable will include:
- Monthly personal allowance of BND500.00
- Annual Book Allowance BND600.00
- Monthly food allowance of BND150.00
- Baggage allowance maximum institution of BND250.00 to ASEAN region and BND500.00 to non ASEAN region upon completion of the programme only.
- An accommodation at respective institution residential college is provided. If the scholar opts not to live in the provided accommodation, no additional allowance will be given in the lieu of board and transport.
- Outpatient medical and/or dental treatment is at any Brunei government hospital. An administration charge will however be payable for every consultation with the government general practitioner or specialist. Should the scholar seek further medical or dental treatments at any private hospital or clinic, all expenses are to be borne by scholars themselves.
Application forms may be obtained from Brunei Darussalam Foreign Missions, Representatives of Brunei Darussalam, or from the Technical Assistant Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade in Brunei Darussalam. You may also download it here.
The application form and supporting documents must be of A4 size and printed on 1 side and then must be duly completed and endorsed by the relevant authorities of the applicant’s country of origin. The mode of applying is by post. Candidates applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application through https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/.
3 copies of the application form and 3 copies of the supporting documents must be submitted to The Technical Assistant Division or the Brunei Mission in your country of origin or the closet Brunei Darussalam Mission to your country of origin.
Complete application forms together with certified copies of relevant certificates and documents must reach the Technical Assistant Division not later than 9th January 2016.
Brunei, officially the Nation of Brunei, the Abode of Peace, is a sovereign state located on the north coast of the island of Borneo, in Southeast Asia.
Application Deadline: 9 January 2016
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in Asia for International Students