ADDENDUM: JAMB announces new UTME Registration Closing Date
Registration for the 2014/2015 JAMB Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, UTME, for admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria commenced since 4th November, 2013 and is set to end on 14th March, 2014. The registration website closes Tuesday, 25th March, 2014. Have you applied yet?
JAMB launched its official 2014 UTME Registration Portal since November 2013; and the portal has been active ever since. With the launch, JAMB is set to offer its online Registration Scratch cards to candidates for accessing the e-registration portal.
Please carefully read through the official JAMB announcement below.
Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) 2014/2015 UTME ApplicationThe Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into Nigeria Tertiary Institutions through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) for the 2014/2015 academic session which shall be on Computer Based Test (CBT) with the option of Dual Based Test (DBT) and Paper Pencil Test (PPT).
2.0 Registration Period2.1 The registration period is 4th November, 2013 to 14th March, 2014 and the website closes on Tuesday, 25th March, 2014.
3.0 General Entry Requirements3.1 The general entry requirements approved for admission into the First Degree, National Diploma (ND), National Innovation Diploma (MD), and Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) programmes in Universities, other Degree-Awarding Institutions, Monotechnics, Polytechnics, Innovation Enterprise Institutes and Colleges of Education are available in the Brochure which accompanies registration materials.
3.2 Please note that a matriculated student in any university is not eligible to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) except those who are transferring from foreign Universities.
3.3 Entry by Direct Application (DE)
Applicants with one of the following qualifications may be considered for admission by Direct Entry:
- A minimum of five (5) subjects passed at not more than two sittings with at least two at the Principal or Advanced level of the G.C.E. and the others, at credit level of the SSCE/GCE, NTC/NBC. No subject shall be counted at both Ordinary and Advanced levels.
- Two passes at the LIMB Advanced Level Examination or Cambridge moderated Schools of Basic Studies Terminal Examination or Institute of Baccalaureate from recognised institutions with SSCE/GCE, NTS/NBC credits equivalent in three other subjects (SUBJECT TO UNIVERSITY REQUIREMENTS).
- Passes in two major subjects in the NCE with S.S.C.E, NTC/NBC credits or equivalents in THREE other subjects (mainly for Education Courses). Education may be accepted as a third A’Level subject for those taking courses in Education.
4.0 Change of Courses and/or Institutions.
- Change of course(s) and/or institutions shall be allowed by the Board after the release of results.
- The fee for change of course(s) and/or institutions is N2,500.00 (Two Thousand, Five Hundred Naira only).
5.0 Date and Venue for the 2014 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination
- The date for the conduct of the examination is Saturday, 5th April, 2014 for Paper Pencil Test (PPT) and Dual Based Test (DBT). The date for Computer Based Test (CBT) will be announced later.
- The venue of the examination will be at the candidates’ chosen town during on-line registration.
6.0 Registration Fees6.1 Registration fee for the 2014 Unified Tertiary Matriculation
Examination is Four Thousand Naira (N4,000) only payable in cash in any of the approved banks listed below:
- Union Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
- Skye Bank Plc
7.0 Registration Documents.At the point of purchase of the e-registration scratch cards, the following documents shall be made available for collection by every candidate.
- Writing Materials and Calculator. These should be kept and brought to the examination centre on the day of the examination.
- Syllabus for the examination in soft copy.
- Guidelines on admission (Brochure) in soft and hard copies, detailing list of Tertiary Institutions and available programmes of study.
8.0 Registration Centres
- The Board has obtained the list of accredited cyber-cafes throughout the country from the National Communication Commission (NCC).
- All cyber-cafe owners who are interested in the UTME registration exercise should visit JAMB’s website for necessary documentation.
- Documentation of cyber-cafes is compulsory as it is being introduced to prevent fraudulent practices that can jeopardise the interest of the candidates.
- Candidates are advised to register at such cyber-cafés only for a fee not more than Seven Hundred Naira (N700.00).
9.0 General Information
- The registration fee, once paid is not refundable.
- Registration for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) is On-line (via internet) and all applicants are advised to register by themselves. All required information must be provided.
- Applicants are advised to read and understand the instructions on how to complete the on-line registration before visiting any cybercafé that has flatbed scanner or digital camera to handle passport photograph capture.
- Candidates should study the guidelines on admission before registration.
- Candidates who damage or lose their scratch cards before registration will have to purchase another scratch card.
- Multiple entries are not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will have their entire results cancelled.
- Candidates should note that their uploaded image or photograph will be embossed on their result slips and admission letters.
- Candidates can access the Board’s website on www.jamb.org.ng for registration using the registration scratch card. Registration can be done on the website at anytime within the stipulated registration period through any of the accredited and authorised internet cafes.
- Candidates are to note that irrespective of their choice of course of study or method of testing, they will also be tested on these two general books.
- The Successors by Jerry Agada
- The Potter’s Wheel by Chukwuemeka Ike
Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board
Suleja Road, Bwari,
P.M.B. 189, Gark1, Abuja, Nigeria.
Phone: 08072522813, 07031283713, 07031283662, 08080116631.
Website http://www.jambng.com, http://www.jambonline.org, http://www.jamb.org.ng.
Email: email@example.com .
11, Ojora Road, Ikoyi
PMB 12748, Lagos
Tel: 08058510273 (Mr. Kamaldeen Oladeji)
Liaison Office (FCT)
2nd Floor, Annex II
Federal Secretariat Complex
Shehu Shagari Way, Abuja
Tel: 08035769697 (Mr. Ademiloye Babatope)
Tafawa Balewa Way
PMB 2200, Kaduna
Tel: 08033338039 (Mr. Matthew Audu)
Advice to candidates from Study & ScholarshipsWe advise you visit JAMB UTME e-portal at http://www.jamb.org.ng/unifiedtme/ for registration with your scratch card. The card can be obtained as described in the official JAMB announcement above, and contains a serial number and PIN, two vital information you require for the registration.
Be informed that JAMB-accredited registration centers have been mandated NOT to charge more than N700 from candidates. This amount includes printing of 2 copies of your e-slip. According to a statement on the official JAMB website:
Were you charged above Seven Hundred Naira (NRN 700.00) for registration including printing of two copies of your e-Slip?More important notes for candidates:
Please send mail specifying your Registration Number and the amount charged to UTME2014.firstname.lastname@example.org
A) Do your registration ONLY through authorized Business/Computer Centres even if you have personal computers you could use. The list of Authorised Business/Computer Centres/Cybercafe may be accessed through the official JAMB website via link below.
B) Before going to any business center or cybercafe; be sure to note the following:
- Download and PRINT, from JAMB website, the New 2014 JAMB/UTME Online Registration Template.
- After the download and printing, take the FORM home and fill it in with the help of the Official 2014 JAMB brochure and other relevant handy information.
- Thereafter, you may then proceed to any of the approved Business Center or Cybercafe nearest to you to fill in your details online.
- Please Remember to collect your JAMB registration scratch card from the business centre/cybercafe after registrations. You will definitely need it later, so keep it in a safe place.
- Candidates should note that Examination Town cannot be changed after you submit your form. Do not make any mistake here!
- You will require a JPEG passport to be scanned or digitized. The passport should not be older than three (3) months. You are advised to test the validity of your passport photograph before proceeding with your registration.
- Candidates will be required to have a working email address to successfully complete their registration and get additional information from JAMB. You may get a FREE email address from www.gmail.com or www.yahoo.com. Both of them are free, Gmail.com may require that you confirm a code. Gmail will call your cell phone number and give you 6 or 7 digit code to enter in a box they will provide, after which your account will be activated.
- Candidates should note that they will NOT be able to change their Names, Date of Birth, Origin and Gender after submitting their application.
Physical and online addresses are clearly spelt out in the announcement above. However, from JAMB website, enquiries may be sent to UTME2014.email@example.com or call 08072522813, 07031283713, 07031283662.
Relevant JAMB UTME 2014/2015 links:
Lists Of Authorised Registration Centres:
Search for available Registration Centres/Authorized Cafes in your State of registration
Did you know that Authorised JAMB Registration Centres are supposed to Charge Only N700? And that if you have been charged more than that, you could have them penalized?
Authorised Registration Centres Not Allowed To Charge More Than N700!!
SCAM ALERT!!! Please be informed that JAMB has not authorised any person/individual/agent/affiliate whatsoever to transact on it's behalf with regards to obtaining Access Code. Please DO NOT disclose your Access Code to anyone and disregard any information by means of SMS or email other than that on the official JAMB portal. Necessary information shall be passed via the portal ONLY.
Related: JAMB Offers Candidates Three Options for 2013 UTME exams and JAMB to Commence Computer-Based Test for UTME in 2015.