Course(s) Offered: All courses
Course Level: Undergraduate (BSc, BEng, BA)
Provider: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA)
Country to Study in: Nigeria
This is to inform the general public that Access / PIN codes for online applications for admission into the 67th Regular Course of the Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna have been released and will be available for sale from 1st November 2014 to 28th February 2015.
Admission into NDA is open to both MALE and FEMALE Nigerians.
Applicants must be citizens of Nigeria.
To be eligible for admission into the NDA a male/female candidate must have the following:
- Minimum of 5 credit passes at SSCE (WAEC or NECO) or GCE O Level or Grade II Teachers Certificate obtained in not more than 2 sittings, relevant to the Faculty of their choice.
- Credit in English Language and Mathematics
- At least one supporting relevant credit to the compulsory credits in Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences and Faculty of Science. However, only one supporting relevant credit is required in the Faculty of Engineering.
- Be at least 17 years old and not more than 21 years old at the time of entry into the Academy. Note that Nigerian Airforce candidates must be between 17 and 18 years old at entry.
- Must not be less than 1.68 metres tall for male and 1.50 metres for female.
- Must be medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character.
- Must be single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
- Present a Certificate of Origin obtained from a Local Government and a Certificate of State Indigeneship from the Office of the State Governor is desirable.
- Awaiting results are NOT qualified. Results not submitted with application form will not be accepted.
- Only examination results of 5 years from date taken will be accepted.
- Admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy is for both MALE and FEMALE NIGERIANS only.
Citizens of Nigeria ONLY
Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna; Nigeria. Regular Course cadets will train at NDA Permanent Site, Kaduna.
Fields of study
Admitted candidates into NDA for the Regular Course will undergo military and academic training as Officer Cadets for a duration of 5 years. On successful completion of training, graduands will earn a combined honours degree in Military Science and a core discipline (B.Sc, BEng, BA).
[Learn about 'NDA Exam subject combinations.']
In response to request from candidates for reference materials, the Academy has offered a Compendium of Past Questions & Answers at a cost of ₦3,000.00 only. This can be purchased from the Registry Department, NDA Kaduna or from designated Zenith Bank branches.
Officer Cadets' military and academic training under the Regular Course span a total duration of 5 years.
Cadets will be kitted, accommodated and fed at the Nigerian Federal Government's expense throughout the duration of training. Officer cadets will also receive a monthly allowance for general upkeep.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are advised to purchase access or PIN codes from any of the branches or cash offices of Zenith Bank Plc nationwide, at the cost of ₦2,500.00 only, excluding bank charges of ₦500.00 for an online application.
Upon purchase of Access or PIN Codes, prospective candidates should follow the link on the NDA Official Website (link to it is below) or log on to the Application Portal to complete the online application form.
Applicants for admission into NDA MUST also apply to the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board and carefully select Nigerian Defence Academy as their First Choice of university. Such applicants are expected to sit for the Universal Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME).
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
NDA Forms for Application should be submitted online. Upon purchase of the Access or PIN Codes, prospective candidates should follow the link on the NDA Official Website (link to it is below) or log on to the Application Portal and complete the online application form. On completion of the online application, candidates are to download an Acknowledgement Form.
Upon release of the JAMB results, candidates should return to the applications portal and download their Examination Admission Card. Only candidates who make the JAMB national cut-off marks will have access to print out the Examination Admission Card.
NDA EXAMINATION CONDITIONS
Only candidates who meet the JAMB national cut-off mark will be eligible to sit for the examination at the Exam Centre of their choice.
NDA EXAMINATION DATE AND REQUIREMENTS
The examination will be conducted as a Selection Examination (similar to Post–UTME examination), and is scheduled to hold on Saturday 25 April 2015.
All eligible candidates are to bring along their Acknowledgement Form, JAMB result slip, Examination Admission Card and TWO (2) postcard size (3.5 x 5 inches) photographs to the Examination Centre on the examination date. The photographs should show only from the chest upwards and should contain candidate’s Name, State, Centre and Signature at the back.
Only successful candidates at the NDA Selection Exams will subsequently be invited for the Armed Forces Selection Board following which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
Here is a list of all 'NDA Examination centers in Nigeria'.
Online applications for admission into the 67th Regular Course for the 2015/2016 NDA admissions will be available for sale from 1st November 2014 and end on 28th February 2015.
The requirements for various undergraduate degree programmes are as outlined and detailed on the NDA website / applications portal, as well as in the widely-available JAMB Brochures and JAMB website.
Detailed information regarding degree courses, eligibility and examination centres are as contained on the NDA website / applications portal. Learn more about the NDA Exam Subject Combinations & Exam Centers.
- Acknowledgement Form
- JAMB Slip
- Examination Card
- 2 Passport Photographs
- Bank Payment Slip/Confirmation Page
The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) was established on 5 February 1964 in response to the defence needs of independent Nigeria to train officers for the Armed Forces of Nigeria. Before then, the institution was known as the Royal Military Forces Training College (RMFTC). After independence in 1960, it became known as the Nigerian Military Training College.
Application Deadline: 28 February 2015
Open to International Applicants: No (ONLY Nigeians)
More Course Information and Application
Related: Undergraduate Scholarship for Nigerian Students