Course(s) Offered: Any field (related to youth, peace and self-development)
Course Level: Training
Provider: Peace Revolution
Country to Study in: Africa (Kenya, Senegal, South Africa)
The simplification of life is one of the steps to inner peace. A persistent simplification will create an inner and outer well-being that places harmony in one's life. Come and experience that African simplification of inner and outer peace.
After successfully organizing two major events, last September, in Kenya and Nigeria, Peace Revolution will come back to Africa to organize Regional fellowships for the first time in Africa. Each regional fellowship will bring together 25 young leaders to learn and exchange during three day retreat.
Each fellowship will be an opportunity to engage African young leaders and support their growth as change-makers in peace-building in their communities. The fellowships will include activities, meditation and workshops providing the participants with new skills and perspectives in peace work. Its main focus shall be on youth, peace and self-development.
The criteria to participate include:
- Be 18-30 years old
- Only Africans living in Africa are eligible for the fellowships
- Participants should apply for the Regional Fellowship where their eligible country is where they reside (even if they don't originate from that country)
- Must have completed at least 14 days of the online self-development program.
- Complete the confine application online before the deadline of each fellowship.
- Be a young leader in a local, national or international organization
- Be able to communicate in English
- Pay a commitment fee of 75USD upon arrival
For East Africa, participants should be from Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Somalia, Tanzania and Uganda.
For West Africa, participants should be from Nigeria, Mali, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo, Mauritania, Niger, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Ivory Coast and Liberia.
For Southern Africa, participants should be from Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Fields of study
Peace Revolution fellowship is a component of Peace Revolution’s ‘face-to-face’ training. It is a process of transforming a Peace Rebel to become an agent of peace a.k.a Peace Agent in our training grounds. Peace Revolution fellowship gives Peace Rebels the exceptional and lifetime opportunity of:
- learning advanced inner peace techniques through meditation,
- learning about positive transformation and how to live a virtuous life based on ancient universal knowledge,
- implementing the "Peace In Peace Out" concept in a culturally diverse community,
- becoming proficient in conflict resolution and practical application of inner peace in daily life,
- sharing dialogue and interact with peace rebels from across the globe,
- establishing an international network of active agents for change.
Not specified, but many will be given
For East Africa, the fellowship will take place in Kenya from 13th - 15th September 2013.
For West Africa, " Soyons des Agents de la Paix" fellowship will take place in Senegal from 27th - 29th September, 2013.
For Southern Africa, the fellowship will take place in South Africa from 4th – 6th October 2013.
The Peace Revolution covers the following:
- Full sponsoring of airfare
- Free accommodation
- Free catering
- Free local transportation
- Meditation retreat fee of 75USD
- Participants are responsible for obtaining their visas in good time before departure to the host country of their region.
To apply, visit the official 'Peace Revolution' website (link to it is below) to take the online self-development program (via the link on the official website) and click on the 'APPLY' tab (found on the official website) for your region.
Please note that you will need to sign-up and sign-in before you can apply for the agency.
Once you have signed-up, you will be back on the “Apply for Agency” page again.
- For East Africa: 20th August 2013 at 18:00GMT
- For West Africa & Southern Africa: 31st August 2013 at 18:00GMT
Now, it's your opportunity to discover the treasure of peace from Africa. Don't let it go away. Apply today for the Africa Regional Fellowships in your region.
Should you need more information please contact: Aya Chebbi, Africa Youth Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 20 / 31 August 2013
Open to International students: No (ONLY Africans)
More Scholarship Information and Application