Course(s) Offered: Corporate governance
Course Level: Training
Country to Study in: Several countries
In 2013, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL), or simply Deloitte, approached the International Corporate Governance Network (ICGN) to offer a comprehensive multi-year programme.
This partnership enabled the launch of the ICGN Deloitte scholarship program. Through the ICGN Deloitte scholarship program, or simply Deloitte scholarship, five individuals are given an opportunity to become part of the ICGN and Deloitte’s corporate governance activities over three consecutive years.
The collaboration support the development of five such corporate governance leaders from Indonesia, Nigeria, the Netherlands, Pakistan, and Peru. The objective of the program is to provide support to individuals working predominantly in difficult or emerging market environments so they can globalize local corporate governance practices; aligning with the international progression of business.
The Deloitte scholarship supports professionals who have a proven track record in corporate governance and who could be potential future governance leaders in their local market.
Citizens of Indonesia, Nigeria, the Netherlands, Pakistan, and Peru are eligible
International Corporate Governance Network (ICGN), with a multi-lingual team ICGN Secretariat based in London; AND
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL). DTTL is a UK private company limited by guarantee.
The ICGN is an investor-led organisation of governance professionals. Its mission is to inspire and promote effective standards of corporate governance to advance efficient markets and economies world-wide.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity.
The firm provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries.
Fields of study
According to Mr Dan Konigsburg, Managing Director, DTTL’s Global Center for Corporate Governance:
“Effective corporate governance is fundamental to strong and functioning capital markets, and a bed-rock of transparency and audit quality. Good governance comes down to individuals and what they do, which is why Deloitte is proud to support the ongoing development of professionals who have a strong track record in contributing to corporate governance. The program will also help enable the propagation of good governance practices across the globe, which serves the twin goals of market confidence and financial stability.”Number of awards
Five individuals are supported
The program runs over a three-year period
ICGN will be provided with $50,000 per year to support the scholarship program that includes attendances at ICGN conferences and other professional development programs.
Scholarship recipients receive:
- A three-year complimentary membership of the ICGN starting from June 2013.
- Expenses to attend the 2013 ICGN Annual Conference in New York in June which covers the costs of travel, accommodation and meals.
- A mentor appointed by ICGN for the duration of the scholarship.
- Expenses to attend an ICGN training programme on how to integrate ESG information into investment decision-making in 2014 which covers costs of travel, accommodation and meals.
- Expenses to attend one other ICGN event in 2015, such as a regional conference, which covers costs of travel, accommodation and meals.
- An invitation to be engaged in the ICGN work programme, such as an Observer on a committee, with a focus on a specific issue.
- An introduction to the Deloitte member firm Corporate Governance Leader in the country of residence and participate in at least one local forum hosted by Deloitte in a given year. This will provide networking opportunities with peers and / or ongoing learning opportunities.
To read more about and apply to the 2013 ICGN Deloitte Scholarship Program, please visit the official website via the link provided below.
This is yet to be determined
The scholarship will provide each scholar with mentorship from well- respected governance leaders. The mentors, with support of ICGN and DTTL, will guide the scholars’ development and exposure to leading thought leaders, global developments, and leading practices within the corporate governance sphere over the three years of the program.
Application Deadline: To be determined
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in UK for International Students