Course(s) Offered: Several fields
Course Level: Undergraduate, Graduate (masters)
Provider: St. George’s University
Country to Study in: Grenada
St. George’s University (SGU) recognizes and believes that academically gifted students with limited resources deserve the ability to reach their potential.
Following this belief, SGU has provided 60 full-tuition scholarships to be awarded to Commonwealth citizens under the St. George’s University, Grenada, Commonwealth Jubilee Scholarship Program, commemorating the 60 years of the Queens reign as the Head of the Commonwealth of Nations.
This is NOT an annual scholarship award; it will only be awarded in the academic year to celebrate the Queen's 60 years reign.
All prospective scholarship candidates must be resident citizens of a Commonwealth country, have been accepted to St. George’s University, and submit an essay detailing how this award will ultimately benefit the development of his/her country.
You must meet the specific eligibility requirements of the course you are interested in.
Nationals of these Commonwealth Developing Countries are eligible:
- AFRICA: Botswana, Cameroon, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
- OTHER COUNTRIES: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Barbados Belize, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Malaysia, Maldives, Montserrat, Nauru, Pakistan, St Helena, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Virgin Islands (British)
St. George’s University in Grenada
Fields of study
The scholarships cover both graduate and undergraduate degree programs:
- Doctor of Medicine
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Business Administration
- School of Arts and Sciences
A total of sixty (60) scholarships are offered
These are full-tuition scholarships. They will cover ALL TUITION FEES during the whole duration of your study
The scholarship funds tuition only. Students must have a financial plan in place to fund living and travel expenses through their own personal resources or alternative funding sources.
Method of Application
If interested and also eligible, please apply. The scholarship application and requested essay must be submitted by the deadlines shown below.
For complete and detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship, other necessary requirements, including accessing the Application Form, visit the official website (link to it is found below).
The Application deadlines (commencing with the August 2013 class) are June 1 for the August class and November 1 for the January class.
To contact, send email: JCampbell@sgu.edu
Application Deadline: 1 June / 1 November 2013
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Commonwealth Countries