Course(s) Offered: Petroleum Engineering
Course Level: Undergraduate
Provider: Archie Fund (of SPE Foundation)
Country to Study in: Any country
The Gus Archie Memorial Scholarship is supported by the Archie Fund of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) Foundation and awards an outstanding student who plans to enter a university and pursue an undergraduate degree in petroleum engineering.
SPE dedicates more than one million dollars to support education. For student members, SPE offers scholarships and fellowships for both undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees related to the oil and gas industry.
The SPE Foundation, established in 1977 by former SPE presidents, is dedicated to raising funds to support key SPE programs. It helps to ensure excellence in SPE Programs through a partnership among individuals, industry and the Society. It is made up of all living past SPE presidents and is directed by an executive committee.
To apply, you must:
- Intend to enroll in petroleum engineering in a recognized university program according to your country or region, leading to an undergraduate degree in petroleum engineering
- Upload a letter of recommendation counselor, teacher or principal
- Comply with sanction policy
- Complete the electronic submission process
- Be enrolled in a petroleum engineering class by the beginning of the second year of university
- Remain in petroleum engineering degree program
- Maintain at least 2/3 of a full academic load
- Have and maintain a satisfactory average of scores/marks for the current semester and cumulative total
Citizens of any country (EXCEPT individuals residing in embargoed countries - see below)
Any recognized university in your country or region
Fields of study
Number of awards
Up to four (4) years of university study
The student will receive $6,000 per year for his/her study
Method of Application
- Fill out the online application form
Create an account if this is your first time applying for this scholarship online (you will not be able to sign in with your SPE login)
Ensure you answer all questions and add your essay
- Upload your letters of recommendation indicating your aptitude, leadership qualities, character and responsibility
- Upload your university entrance exam scores/marks with documentation explaining how to interpret the scores
- Verify your intent to study petroleum engineering and your agreement to the statements listed by checking the “I Agree” box and then click "Submit".
You must submit all applications by the 30th April of any year
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
U.S. law prohibits provision of certain services to individuals residing in embargoed countries; therefore, not all applicants may be eligible to participate in Gus Archie Scholarship program. Read more.
Application Deadline: 30 April 2014
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: SPE scholarships webpage