Course(s) Offered: Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths
Course Level: Undergraduate
Country to Study in: Nigeria, Africa
BlackBerry is reaching out to women in Nigeria to urge them to apply for the new BlackBerry Scholars Programme, an initiative designed to inspire women globally to enter and develop careers in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
The BlackBerry Scholars Programme is available to women in Nigeria and will provide scholarships to outstanding applicants who are seeking degrees at accredited local colleges and universities in the areas of STEM across Nigeria.
This scholarship program is the first step in BlackBerry’s long-term commitment and multi-tiered strategy to engage young women at every step of their education from secondary school to university, and as they rise through their careers.
As more than 55 per cent of BlackBerry customers are women, BlackBerry aims to champion this generation of female leaders as they strive to achieve their ambitions in this highly competitive industry.
|BlackBerry® Global Creative Director, Alicia Keys announces the BlackBerry® Scholars Program|
All applicants must be female and entering their first year in a field of study involving Science, Technology, Engineering or Math at an accredited four-year college or university, and display an interest and/or aptitude in the mobile computing space.
The following must apply:
- Nigerian girls who will be entering their first year of study in the 2013-2014 academic year
- All applicants to The BlackBerry® Scholars Program must be female and age 18 or older (or the equivalent age of majority where you live). If the applicant is a minor, consent for participation in the program and acceptance of the Award is required from their parent or legal guardian at the time of application for the Program.
- The Program is open to U.S. and non-U.S. students worldwide, unless otherwise indicated in these terms and conditions or in other documentation associated with the Program.
- Applicants must be entering as a full-time first year undergraduate in the 2013-2014 academic year at an accredited college or university and planning to pursue a course of study majoring or concentrating in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics. Transfer between Science, Technology and Math programs will not affect payment of the award, however BlackBerry must be notified prior to any transfer.
- Employees of BlackBerry and members of the scholarship selection panel, and members of their immediate families or others living in the same household, are not eligible for a scholarship through the Program and should not apply.
- Applicants must not have ever been convicted of a crime or have acted in a manner that will bring BlackBerry into disrepute, in BlackBerry’s sole discretion.
- Secondary school (high school) academic record
- Quality of answers to written essay questions
- Extracurricular, community, and other leadership activities
- Demonstrated financial need
Citizens of Nigeria and other African Countries
Any accredited Nigerian (or other African) college or university of higher learning. Please note that offer is for outstanding applicants who are seeking degrees at accredited local colleges and universities.
Fields of study
All the courses and fields of Science, Technology, Engineering And Mathematics
Number of awards
Up to ten (10) Awards will be granted
Award will last throughout the duration of the successful students' study
Not specified, so inquire from provider
Method of Application
Interested? To apply to this scholarship, please visit the official website via the link below for more about the program, eligibility requirements, and how to apply. Please note the next paragraph carefully.
Before you start your online application, ensure you have ALL REQUESTED ITEMS AND INFORMATION ready, as there is no way to save or resume your application at a later time once the process has begun. Please also note that after 1 hour of inactivity, the form will time out.
Applications are now open to candidates in Nigeria, who are interested in the scholarship, and will close on June 26, 2013
The scholars will be selected by a panel of inspirational and accomplished women, led by Alicia Keys, who will recruit candidates based on their academic merit and passion for entering the mobile computing industry.
Scholarship recipients will be notified by mail on or before July 31st, 2013
Application Deadline: 26 June 2013
Open to International students: Yes (Nigerians, Africans)
More Scholarship Information and Application