Course(s) Offered: Financial services or related
Course Level: Graduate (masters)
Provider: UKTI, British Council
Country to Study in: UK
Are you interested in winning a postgraduate scholarship? Are you currently working in the financial services sector and want to study for a post graduate degree in the UK? Here is an opportunity for you. The British Council in Nigeria is partnering with the UK Trade and Investment unit (UKTI) to present the Mansion House Scholarship Scheme.
The Mansion House Scholars scheme provides scholarships in support of overseas students for training and work experience in the United Kingdom's financial services industry.
The Scheme supports the funding of students from overseas taking Masters level degree courses at British Universities or to enable business trainees or officials to undertake study or training in financial and related business activities.
This is an opportunity for professionals who are working within the financial services industry and have aspirations of obtaining an international degree to do so.
All applicants should:
- Have a first degree from an accredited Nigerian University
- A minimum of a second class upper degree
- Have a minimum of 3years work experience in the relevant field (i.e. Financial services sector)
- Good English language skills
- A Nigerian citizen resident in Nigeria
- An unconditional offer from a UK institution
- A UK student visa (or at least the student visa application process)
Citizens of Nigeria
All approved institutions of higher learning in the UK
Fields of study
Awards are restricted to those applying to study or to undertake training in the Financial Services sector or in related subjects.
Number of awards
Not specified by provider. Up to one hundred and twelve scholarships have now been awarded from when the Scheme was established in 1998 till date.
Award will not be continuous. It is a one-time financial aid
Awards vary in size but are usually in the region of £5,000 to £7,500
Method of Application
Interested applicants are requested to read carefully through the attached documentation, fill the Application Form and respond by the given deadline. Please see British Council Nigeria's official page (link to it is below) or the official Mansion House Scholarships website for more.
Interested applicants will be required to submit a 500 word essay detailing why you would be the most ideal candidate for this award. All essays should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates are required to fill and submit the application form along with their essay
- Please note that candidates should attach copies of their credentials (i.e. university certificates and evidence of work experience). Please note that hard copy applications will not be accepted
Deadline for submission of essay is the 12th April 2013
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Any questions about the scheme can be sent to British Council Nigeria at email@example.com.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 12 April 2013
Scholarship Open to International students: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Was above article useful? Please share: