The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), on Wednesday restated its commitment to the conduct of a hitch-free 2013 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
The reassurance was contained in a statement signed by the Public Relations Officer of the Board, Mr Fabian Benjamin and made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos.
The statement said that the reassurance became necessary in view of reports in some national dailies that the Federal Government may have cancelled UTME examination.
It said that the board wished to state that as a responsible and responsive organisation, it was not averse to innovation, changes and government policies aimed at improvement in the education sector.
The statement further reiterated that JAMB had not changed the date of the 2013 UTME for applicants seeking admission into the country’s various institutions of higher learning.
It said that consequently, the board’s 2013 UTME, slated for April 27, would take place as scheduled.
The statement further said that the date for the Computer Based Test (CBT) would be communicated to candidates soon.
It also said that arrangements had been completed for the smooth conduct of the examination, as relevant stakeholders had been sensitised and properly briefed.
According to the statement, the board has deployed all necessary logistics and materials to all designated centres, preparatory to the examination.
It advised candidates to remain focused and be well equipped for the examination. (NAN)