Course(s) Offered: Any approved field
Course Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate
Provider: Sheffield Hallam University
Country to Study in: UK
The International Access Scheme (IAS) is for international and European students who are studying in the UK at one of Sheffield Hallam University's partner further education colleges.
The University has examined the content of these colleges' courses so that it can recommend and recognize them for entry onto courses at Sheffield Hallam University.
To be eligible for the IAS bursary you must be classified as an international or EU student for fee purposes and you must be studying a course at a partner college (see below) which is recognised for entry onto a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate course at Sheffield Hallam University.
International and European students already studying in the UK, perhaps at a Further Education college, and who want to progress onto Higher Education.
Participating Institution(s) / Fields of study
From the links below you can visit the college websites and find information about the courses offered by Sheffield Hallam University's partner colleges:
- Bournville College
- Calderdale College
- City College Brighton and Hove
- Dudley College
- Henley College
- John Leggott College
- Nottingham College International (Formerly Castle College, Nottingham)
- The Sheffield College
- Wakefield College
- York College
If you are interested in a course at Sheffield Hallam University which is not mentioned on one of the above links, please contact the school for further advice (see below).
Eligible students at partner colleges with whom the university has signed an agreement will have access to a number of benefits, including:
- An IAS bursary equivalent to 10% of the student's tuition fee for the first year of undergraduate or postgraduate study
- Access to support before they come to the University, including a named contact who can answer queries and help arrange a visit to the University
- Advice about progression routes from college foundation courses onto undergraduate or postgraduate courses at Sheffield Hallam University
- Opportunities to visit the University Open Days (October and June)
There is nothing that you need to do in order to get your bursary. If you are eligible you will receive a letter from the school asking for your bank or building society details. It will then pay your bursary directly into your bank or building society account.
You will be paid in Semester Two for the first year of study only. You will receive this bursary only once.
The annual deadline date for this scholarship is the 30th of June every year
International Access Scheme
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield S1 1WB
Phone +44 (0)114 225 3713
Fax +44 (0)114 225 4768
Application Deadline: 30 June 2013
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application