Course(s) Offered: Law, Social Sciences
Course Level: Postgraduate (masters)
Country to Study in: UK
There are seven SOAS Master’s scholarships available in the Faculty of Law and Social Sciences. Each scholarship is valued at £15,568 in total. Fees will be deducted from this amount and the remainder will be used toward maintenance.
- Applicants must possess or expect to be awarded a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent. Students with a non-UK degree to be adjudged in the top rank by their referees and transcript.
- This scholarship is open to UK/EU and overseas applicants.
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible full-time masters programmes at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
- The scholarship cannot be held along with any other major scholarship or studentship.
Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by an Advisory Panel consisting of at least three academic members of the Faculty.
The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your scholarship application. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statements and other relevant information.
All UK/EU and overseas students are eligible to apply
The School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) at University of London, UK
Fields of study
- full-time taught masters programmes in the department of Development Studies (1 scholarship)
- full-time taught masters programmes in the department of Economics (1 scholarship)
- full-time taught masters programmes in the department of Law (1 scholarship)
- full-time taught masters programmes in the department of Politics and International Studies (1 scholarship)
- full-time taught masters programmes in the department of Financial & Management Studies (1 scholarship)
- full-time taught masters programmes in the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy (CISD – 1 scholarship)
- full-time taught masters programmes in the the Centre for Gender Studies (CGS – 1 scholarship)
- part-time programmes are not eligible.
Seven (7) scholarship awards will be given
This is a onetime financial aid
Each scholarship is valued at £15,568 in total. Fees will be deducted from this amount and the remainder will be used toward maintenance.
Method of Application
You can apply for this scholarship via the online scholarship application form, which will be available from this page in January.
Applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for admission well in advance. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
Scholarship applications must be received no later than 17:00 (GMT) on 22 March 2013.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
All candidates will be notified by email regarding the outcome of their application, generally by the end of June. Successful candidates will also be notified in writing. If you have not heard from us by the end of June, please contact the Scholarships Officer.
For enquiries, please contact:
London WC1H 0XG
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5094/5091
Application Deadline: 22 March 2013
Open for International Students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application