Course(s) Offered: Any field of Social sciences
Course Level: Undergraduate
Provider: University of Sheffield
Country to Study in: UK
The University of Sheffield is pleased to offer Social Science Scholarships to Nigerian undergraduate students starting their studies in September 2013 in any of the various fields of study listed below.
Eligibility and Award Criteria:
- You must hold an offer of a study place and begin your undergraduate studies in September 2013 in any of the departments listed above.
- You must be self-funding and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- The scholarships will be awarded automatically - no application is required in first or subsequent years.
- The scholarships will be awarded unconditionally in the first year of studies. Award in subsequent years of study is subject to the achievement of 60% overall average mark.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction.
Targeted at Nigerian students
University of Sheffield in the United Kingdom
Fields of study
Scholarship will be awarded for any of the following departments: East Asian Studies, Economics, Education, Geography, Information School, Journalism, Politics, Sociological Studies, Town and Regional Planning.
Number of awards
Not specified by the provider
Whole duration of study. Please note that scholarships will be awarded unconditionally in the first year of studies. Award in subsequent years of study is subject to the achievement of 60% overall average mark.
The scholarships are worth £1,500 per year each. The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction.
Method of Application
The scholarships will be awarded automatically - no application is required in the first or subsequent years.
In other words, scholarships are awarded when you apply to and are offered a place of study for your undergraduate program at the University of Sheffield in the various courses of study listed above. Subsequently, the scholarships are automatically re-awarded every year of your study IF you meet the re-award criteria i.e achievement of 60% overall average mark each year.
To apply to the University of Sheffield, visit the University's How to Apply page for complete and detailed information.
- All applications for undergraduate study in the UK, including The University of Sheffield, must be made through an organisation called Universities and Colleges Admissions Service or UCAS.
- All undergraduate degree programmes at the University of Sheffield begin in September each year. The University does not have an intake in January or February.
It is important to apply as early as possible as demand for places on undergraduate degree programmes often exceeds the number of places available. You do not need to wait for final examination results or references before you apply for a study place.
There are three application deadlines for courses through UCAS - 15 October, 15 January and 24 March - it is important to check the deadline for your chosen course(s).
For detailed information on how to apply please visit the UCAS website.
West Africa Regional Officer (The University of Sheffield)
Kaplan International Colleges Ltd
South Atlantic Petroleum Towers
3rd Floor, Wing B, White Building,
Plot 98, Adeola Odeku Street
Victoria Island, Lagos
Tel: +234 (0)819 056 2931
Mobile: +234 (0)703 414 1021
Office opening hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Application Deadline: 15 October, 15 January and 24 March annually
Open to International students: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: United Nations University Scholarships for Young Scholars