Course(s) Offered: Several
Course Level: Graduate (masters, research)
Provider: Newcastle University
Country to Study in: UK
The International Office at NU is delighted to announce the Newcastle University Nigeria Scholarship (NU Nigeria Scholarship) awards.
These awards are available for high achieving Nigerian students applying for entry onto postgraduate taught degree or research programmes within the Newcastle University Law School, Newcastle Uuniversity Business School, Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering (SAgE), and Medical Sciences (FMS) commencing their studies in September 2014.
You could be eligible to apply for a NU Nigeria Scholarship if:
- You have been offered a place on any postgraduate degree programme in the Science, Agriculture and Engineering (SAgE) Faculty, Medical Sciences Faculty (FMS), Newcastle University Law School and Newcastle University Business School (NUBS)
- You are a Nigerian national and have been assessed as international/overseas for fees purposes.
- You have a Second Class Upper degree from a recognised Nigerian University and satisfy all other requirements
- You intend to register to start your studies during the 2014-15 academic year
- You are a self-funded student and not in receipt of other University or external awards
Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of best qualified students and content of personal statement - in consultation with Head of International Recruitment and faculty representatives.
English Language Requirements:
Students from Nigeria require an English language qualification to enter programmes at the University. English language requirements can vary from programme to programme.
See below for the Newcastle University equivalence of Nigerian English language qualifications to IELTS score as published in NU online prospectuses (see link below):
|IELTS Requirement (score)||Equivalent Nigerian Qualification Requirement (WAEC/SSCE)|
Nigerian students applying for entry onto postgraduate programmes
Newcastle University in UK
Fields of study
Any postgraduate taught degree or research programmes within the:
- Newcastle University Law School
- Newcastle University Business School (NUBS)
- Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering (SAgE)
- Faculty of Medical Sciences Faculty (FMS):
Five (5) awards will be given
The financial award is one time money to support postgraduate programme
Each scholarship will have a value of £3,500 payable towards the first year of tuition fees
Method of Application
The scheme is applied for via separate Scholarship Application Form including a personal statement of no more than 500 words.
Completed application forms should be sent to: email@example.com
For more, see the University's Postgraduate How to Apply page on the official website (link to it is below).
The closing date for receipt of applications is 30th June every year
NU Nigeria Scholarship applications cannot be considered for candidates unless they have already applied for and been offered a place to study at the University.
Newcastle University is a public research university located in Newcastle upon Tyne in the North-East of England.
King's Gate, Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 7RU, United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 191 222 6856
Application Deadline: 30 June 2014
Open to International students: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: UK Scholarship for International Students
Was above article useful? Please share: